Moving to.New Hampshire

1,980 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by h1ag
claydee2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
moving to Manchester for work. Need any info
.leave in two weeks.
DeadCiv
AG
Not a bad little town in central NH. Boston is close, as is the beach and skiing. Portsmouth and Portland are close as well.

I live about an hour away in Mass on the coast (Newburyport). I'd find a way to do that (live on the coast), if you don't mind a bit of a drive.

I'm and old with young adult kids, but would be happy to offer any insight I can. We've been here for just about 17 years.

claydee2
AG
Thanks would appreciate it. I'm an old also 53.. my wife's family lives in Gloucester. That's a reason for the move.
h1ag
AG
This could be too late, but we live in Haverhill MA, and my wife's family is in Plaistow. Rockingham county would have some good, easy commuting options if you'd rather avoid the city. Draw a trapezoid through Raymond, Chester, Sandown, and Exeter, and that would be my preference if I worked in Manchester. As far as cities go, I prefer Concord to Manchester. It would get you further up towards the Whites (mountains), but a little further from your folks. Nashua is primarily folks who work in MA but want to avoid as many of the taxes as possible.

As a native Texan, I'll say I don't care much for MA, but I love NH. We're trying to get over the state line ASAP, and I can't imagine I'll ever move back. I'm more of a mountain guy than ocean, if that helps understand my POV.

Either way, when you're out and about in the state, stop at the Common Man. It's like Buccees for New Hampshire, but much better in my opinion.

Happy to answer any questions I can about the area.

Live free or die.
claydee2
AG
Thanks guys just found a place in Windham NH. Would love to get together with you guys sometime. CWILLIAMS@OLIVERMECHANICALINC.COM
h1ag
AG
Awesome! Glad to hear you got everything worked out. I'll shoot you an email soon, but we're happy to host for a game weekend in Haverhill. I'm not an award winning pit master but I like smoking on game weekends. Maybe I can do pulled pork so as to not disappoint people with my brisket when they know what it SHOULD taste like (sometimes its amazing, sometimes its a burnt boot).

In the meantime, feel free to DM me here or my email uphamje AT gmail.com if you have any questions about NH. Things to do or see, anything at all I could help with.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.