Upgrade to San Francisco Aggie Bar

2,983 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Salome
Wolf_of_Northgate
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Recently moved to SF from Houston and have watched the past couple games at Monaghan's, (which is supposedly known as the A&M and Penn State Bar) and was pretty disappointed in our turnout/the atmosphere. Just a few blocks away is the sip bar" (Jaxon) and its wall to wall every game. Granted I understand there is probably more sip fans than A&M fans in SF, but would still like to see us have a better turnout. From people I have talked to, they don't really like the current spot and it just leads everyone to watch in separate locations. If you're an Aggie that lives in the Bay Area, I'd love to get in touch and try to rally a good crowd for our final stretch of the season, and hopefully build a following that will carry into next season.
agdaddy04
AG
You'd probably have better success on the club Facebook page. Or run to be an officer.
WoMD
I'd host, but wouldn't be able to fit more than a few in my place.

But would definitely be interested in exploring different options in SF. Marina is the ****** bro district, so I haven't ventured for game watching up there. I'm in a hipster neighborhood, so it's actually worse.
SVaggie84
AG
When I was president of the club many years ago, we had well attended watch parties in the San Mateo/Burlingame area. If there is a bar near a Bart station in that vacinity, that's where I would recommend.

It was easy for SF residents to get to along with East Bay and South Bay.

HollywoodBQ
AG
I had good luck at Monaghan's. And I usually stay in Santa Clara or San Jose when I'm in town so it was a bit of a commute the few times I've been there.

The first trip, I wound up running into a guy who was in the Aggie Band a year behind me.
And one game we organised it so that we had me from the Class of '92, two guys from '93 and one guy from '95. That was really cool.

Frankly, I was pretty impressed with how many younger Aggies turned up to watch the games. For San Francisco, I thought the crowd was pretty decent. But... I haven't been to a game watch up there in probably 3 years. And I've learnt over the years that putting a quality product on the field helps drive attendance.
PlanoAg98
AG
Quote:

Or run to be an officer.
Do this. When I moved to Seattle, I wasn't impressed with their alumni club and game watching parties. Game watching parties were 75% of the club's activities. I took over president my 2nd year in the city and started making changes.
Salome
AG
We'd LOVE to join a watch party in the East Bay. We've also got kids, so it's be amazing if it were at a family friendly venue.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.