Possibly Moving to Oklahoma City

5,119 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Russ11
BourbonandBeretta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What are some good areas in the city and/or surrounding communities to live in?
BQ2001
AG
Where will you be working? I lived in Edmond for 8 years and it was a nice area. Good schools and low crime and pretty decent restaurants. It's a typical suburb so there isn't a ton of nightlife if that is something you like.
OKCTexAg
AG
Oklahoma City is like a lot of other metro areas. Many areas are good but just depends what you are looking at for your situation. Would be able to make better suggestions with a little more information. Married? Kids? Land? etc.
BourbonandBeretta
I will be working near Bricktown. Not married, no kids, and not much of a big nightlife person. I know Edmond is about a 30 min commute, but that honestly sounds like the best option to me.
Pahdz
For God's sake don't live in Edmond if you are single no kids and work in Bricktown. The rental market is awesome in downtown/midtown right now. Wife and I just left there after nine years. Biggest regret we had was never living in the core while we were there (we do have a 7 year old though). I'd be glad to help with any questions.
DenverAg08
AG
I live in Edmond currently. It is definitely the place to be for families with kids as the schools are very good. However, seeing as how you dont have kids and will be working in town, I would look at areas like Midtown, The Plaza District, and near Bricktown. The city in general has grown quite a bit in the last few years and better restaurants and bars continue to come in.
Cool.
AG
Guys, I am the OKC club president. In case you missed this, Clemson game watch party details are below:

Saturday, September 8th
5:30pm pre-party / 6:00pm kickoff

Eddie's Bar & Grill
930 E 2nd St., Edmond, OK 73034
www.edmondeddies.com

Notably, Eddie's will reserve the lower lounge area for us, which has big screens (with audio) to televise our game. In addition, Eddie's will reserve an upper lounge area for the kids to hang out. The event will not be catered; rather, you can order food & drinks off the menu.
Synopsis
I will be working up there for six months and may decide to move there, at least temporarily. Although I am from Oklahoma, I don't know OKC that well. I can attest to the fact that OKC has changed dramatically and for the better over the last 20 years.
Fredd
AG
We are moving to OKC area in a couple of months. Anyone have any advice on the Mustang area vs. Edmond?

TIA
Pahdz
Depends on where you are working and what you're into. Lived in OKC and spent very little time around Mustang, I was always in the NW OKC area (Edmond mailing address but OKC city limits).
Wooahhhh
AG
Heading to OKC for the WCWS (hopefully we get in the stadium). Staying at an AirBnb on NW1st and at the 21c Museum Hotel, each for about 3 days. That area puts us close to Bricktown, anything else that we shouldn't miss? Dive bar, BBQ & foodie joints. Guyutes? tyia
Russ11
AG
Anybody have any contacts for rent houses in OKC, preferably the northern portion?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.