Any Ags in Pittsburgh, PA?

3,736 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by tukAg10
RightWingConspirator
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I may be moving out to Pittsburgh, PA here in the next 4-5 months. What are you impressions of the place? Do you like living there? Plusses/minuses?

spongeboob_squaresharts
AG
I actually just moved from Pittsburgh after living there for almost a year and a half. I can without a doubt say that it's one of the most underrated cities in the country. There is something for everyone in the city.

The downtown area has come a long way since the fall of steel manufacturing in the area. Lots of posh restaurants and bars are popping up all around. If you're big into sports (even if you're not a Pittsburgh sports fan), I'd highly recommend going to a game. Pirates tickets are dirt cheap since they continuously disappoint year after year and Penguins games are always a blast.

Lots of tech in the city too. The driverless Ubers (assuming Uber doesn't nix the project) are incredibly cool and are insane if you're lucky enough to get one. Carnegie Mellon attracts some of the biggest names out of Silicon Valley to build offices here.

Only downside I would say is the drivers/roads. Drivers are extremely awful and aggressive, the street layout feels like they were designed by a drunk and potholes are rampant.
RightWingConspirator
AG
Bryan, thanks for the response. That's good information. At this point, it will either be Pittsburgh, Houston, or Luanda/Angola. Hoping for Pittsburgh.

EMc77
AG
Not moving to Pittsburgh, but going there the last week in July for the National CORSA car event. Any Ags in the area want to see about 200-300 Corvairs from 1960 thru 1969, we will be at the Double Tree at Green Tree.

2018 CORSA Convention.

As of now, we will be bringing this one-

[img][URL=.html][/URL][/img]
Talon2DSO
AG
I'm in Pittsburgh and have zero intention to ever leave. It's a great town.

I'm not a fan of the traffic but I agree with everything posted above.

The Pittsburgh Grand Prix is an amazing event. See you there!
"Life's tough, but I'm tougher."
EMc77
AG
If you get chance, look me up. email is screen name at aggienetwork.com. Would buy you a local brew at the hotel.
Toddco88
AG
We just moved to Pittsburgh with Shell. I'm building the cracker plant in Monaca. I've tried to contact the person in charge of the Pitt Aggie club but no response.
Do ya'll meet or gather to watch the games, etc.?
Talon2DSO
AG
Toddco88 said:

We just moved to Pittsburgh with Shell. I'm building the cracker plant in Monaca. I've tried to contact the person in charge of the Pitt Aggie club but no response.
Do ya'll meet or gather to watch the games, etc.?

We do!

My cell is 4129802282. I'll be happy to get you plugged in.
EMc77
AG
Hey Talon, looking at the weather for next week, I like the temps, but we need some help on all the chances of showers that are showing...

You have any pull on that?
Talon2DSO
AG
I'll make a call pal!

Let's get a group together next week
EMc77
AG
With what is scheduled for our convention, Tuesday or Wednesday afternoon/ evening is best. We are going to the Pirates game on Thursday and Friday is the banquet.

Staying at the Double Tree at Green Tree.
Stallion99
AG
Ag in Pittsburgh here. Moved here a year ago and love it!
Talon2DSO
AG
EMc77 said:

With what is scheduled for our convention, Tuesday or Wednesday afternoon/ evening is best. We are going to the Pirates game on Thursday and Friday is the banquet.

Staying at the Double Tree at Green Tree.

Great meeting you and sorry we couldn't hook up on Saturday. Hope you had a safe trip back home.

Stallion....give me a call! Let's grab a beer
EMc77
AG
Same here. Wish we could have made the deal on Saturday. If you get down towards Chattaboogie, let me know. We can show you some good things to do.
GSPag`
Two great places to eat.

Mallorca

And

Meat and Potatoes

Pitt is a great city.
Jrodag9
AG
I'm actually here working at the Big Ben laydown tard for the Shell Penn Chem project and will be here for 2 weeks. Anything y'all recommend. Don't know anyone here and would be nice to meet an Ag for a beer!
EMc77
AG
Talon, sounds like you have another Ag to meet in the 'burgh...
Talon2DSO
AG
Jrodag9 said:

I'm actually here working at the Big Ben laydown tard for the Shell Penn Chem project and will be here for 2 weeks. Anything y'all recommend. Don't know anyone here and would be nice to meet an Ag for a beer!

I'm up here. I work for a midstream company out of Wheeling. I live in Pittsburgh. Its restaurant week here this week. Come on down!
Jrodag9
AG
Let me know when and where!!! I'm usually free at about 7 pm!
Talon2DSO
AG
This week is tough. Next Tuesday?
Jrodag9
AG
That may work. I may be getting some some tickets to a Pirates game from work. Not sure if you would like to join??
Talon2DSO
AG
Sure! I have an appointment from 6-7 but I can make it! I love going to pirates games. My cell is above.
Talon2DSO
AG
Jrodag9 said:

That may work. I may be getting some some tickets to a Pirates game from work. Not sure if you would like to join??

Homeboy got great seats!!

Great meeting you, jrodag!
EMc77
EMc77
AG
You boy's rings are too shiny and new...

Talon2DSO
AG
Beautiful!
tukAg10
AG
My company offices out of Cannonsburg and they just told me this week they want me to help out up there... I am not sure if this requires moving, but I am sure there will be some extensive trips in the future.

I guess my biggest concern is winter. I've only lived in the south and hesitant how the handle the winters up there. I've gotten feedback that in the city of Pittsburgh isn't as bad due to urban heat flux but the countryside can get rough. Any advice?

Thanks!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.