Iguazu Falls

1,054 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by 2wealfth Man
aggiejumper
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone been here that can comment on the experience either on the Argentine or Brazilian side?
Spore Ag
They complement each other so both need to be seen. Watch The Mission which was filmed there. I found the Brazilian side better, colonial style hotel.
90 bull
AG
Definitely do both sides. I preferred the Brazilian side, but the Argentinian side is bigger. Also the Brazilian side is a bigger town, so cheaper hotels.
moses1084ever
AG
We did both as part of our honeymoon. We stayed at the hotel in park on the Brazilian side. Very nice hotel and you get access after the park is closed off to the public. Preferred the braz side but I'd say do both!
aggiejumper
AG
Thanks for the reply's. We are staying at the Argentine side hotel in the park. Sounds like a trip to the Brazilian side is needed.
Did anyone walk the Friendship Bridge into Paraguay?
Spore Ag
Paraguay is on my hit list. Seem to remember the crossing into The country was somewhat like the Wild West. A big area for black market. Probably has changed since.
Al Bula
AG
Can't speak for the Argentinian side but it is much higher. The Brazil side allows you to walk down into the falls out on walkways. There are coatimundis meandering around like house cats. Also did a boat ride under the falls where you get dunked, so secure electronics accordingly if you do it. There's also a pretty cool aviary park on that side. Was impressed by the king vulture (a huge ass colorful buzzard LOL) and the toucans.

I'd love to go back and do the other side some day, but I would really LOVE to fish the Parana River for golden dorado.
SupermachJM
AG
Frequent Miler did a good write up on this about a year ago. I remember thinking that I had never heard of it but that it was getting added to my list after reading this!

https://frequentmiler.com/party-of-5-frequentmiler-challenge-daily-update/
aggiejumper
AG
We did both sides. Simply amazing and one of the most impressive natural wonders I've seen so far. The halls for pushing to do both sides. FYI the Gran Melia Hotel is worth the price to stay in the park. Devils throat overlook just opened up too and was insanely powerful to feel that much water runs under you.

Very hard to get the whole falls in view at once but this pic sums up the incredible size. This pic is about 60% of the falls.

2wealfth Man
AG
Theae folks are turn key and have some incredible lodging at the falla

https://awasi.com
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.