So, would you book a Whistler ski trip for March?

648 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Jackal99
TP Ag '87
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Debating on this. Flights to Vancouver would be changeable, but I'm guessing only dates and we'd HAVE to go to Van to use them.

Right now, no Americans allowed for leisure travel. Friend wants to book but I just can't see Trudeau relaxing visitors by then.

Thoughts?
FancyKetchup14
AG
I would. I feel like most airlines are allowing free cancellations/flight changes and will continue to do so.
HeightsAg
TP Ag '87 said:

Debating on this. Flights to Vancouver would be changeable, but I'm guessing only dates and we'd HAVE to go to Van to use them.

This is not how it works at the moment and I doubt airlines will change it anytime soon. Currently, you are allowed to cancel without penalty and if you do, you are given credit that can be used towards any future flight good for two years.
TXTransplant
Canada just extended the border closure to Nov 21. I had to cancel a late Dec reservation in Banff because non-refundable payment in full was due at the end of this month. I had not purchased plane tickets.

I'd book a hotel, as long as it's fully refundable.
JMac03
AG
If I'm not mistaken you can only cancel international flights through the end of the year without penalty. Domestic is change anytime. You may verify with your airline.
HollywoodBQ
AG
I wouldn't plan any travel to Canada this ski season.
I think they're going to keep it locked down for a while.

Similarly, we're hearing rumours that Australians shouldn't plan any International travel until 2022.
Jackal99
AG
HollywoodBQ said:

Similarly, we're hearing rumours that Australians shouldn't plan any International travel until 2022.

Yep. A friend in Tasmania told me the same.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.