FL short-term rentals coming back online

1,697 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by TLIAC
2wealfth Man
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Governor/state may be close to letting short-term home rentals begin again on a county-by-county basis. Counties have to submit a plan to the state for approval as to how they are going to manage the process. Looks like Escambia, Okaloosa, Walton and Bay counties are going to get a decision from the state this week. That would cover everything from Perdido Key east to Panama City (i..e. a good chunk of the panhandle). I looked at the Escambia County document and it looks like they would still not accept rentals certain from certain high risk areas (New York, Michigan, New Orleans, etc) in the US and folks from out of the country. I think Texans would be good to go as our case rates are among the lowest in the country. All these places are drivable in a day as an added bonus.
Harry Stone
AG
2wealfth Man said:

Governor/state may be close to letting short-term home rentals begin again on a county-by-county basis. Counties have to submit a plan to the state for approval as to how they are going to manage the process. Looks like Escambia, Okaloosa, Walton and Bay counties are going to get a decision from the state this week. That would cover everything from Perdido Key east to Panama City (i..e. a good chunk of the panhandle). I looked at the Escambia County document and it looks like they would still not accept rentals certain from certain high risk areas (New York, Michigan, New Orleans, etc) in the US and folks from out of the country. I think Texans would be good to go as our case rates are among the lowest in the country. All these places are drivable in a day as an added bonus.

shhhh.
Shiner Bock
AG
we've got a condo reserved in Destin week of June 22. Airfare for the 4 of us was $700 round trip from OKC to Destin, and the rental SUV was less than $200 for 5 days. If this happens, will be awesome.
Aust Ag
AG
Are the condos still the same price....kinda high?
Motis B Totis
AG
I have a rental in Walton county starting 5/25 so I am getting nervous...
Shiner Bock
AG
Aust Ag said:

Are the condos still the same price....kinda high?
We went with a moderate to high end condo beachfront for 450/night, with space for 2 families. So for 225/night/per family, seems pretty reasonable.
Motis B Totis
AG
the ban is lifted on all panhandle counties!
Shiner Bock
AG
Motis B Totis said:

I have a rental in Walton county starting 5/25 so I am getting nervous...
good to go

https://www.al.com/news/2020/05/ban-on-florida-vacation-rentals-lifted-in-some-gulf-coast-counties-new-yorkers-remain-banned.html
Aust Ag
AG
"New Yorkers remained banned".
TLIAC
AG
This was such a relief for us. Our house in Navarre Beach is new to the rental market so this was kicking our behinds. Navarre Beach is kind of an undiscovered treasure. It is halfway between Pensacola and Destin and it is a very laid back town. You get the beautiful blue green waters of the Florida panhandle without the crowds of Pensacola, Destin or Panama City Beach. We bought a beach house there last summer that sleeps 10. If you are interested send me an email at thisladyisacop at gmail dot com. I'd be happy to send you information. The Governor just opened up vacation rentals so we have summer spots available. We love it there.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.