Los Angeles and San Diego

1,163 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Matsui
The Pilot
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Will be in LA for a few days for the UCLA game and then headed to San Diego. What are some must do's in either place? Will stay near Santa Monica in LA and still have not booked housing in San Diego.
Punked Shank
AG
Live in SD.

How old are you? Kids? What are you looking to do?
The Pilot
AG
early 30s, no kids. pretty active so outdoors stuff is good, would also like some beach time
Jock 07
AG
Doing the same thing, headed out for the ucla game and will stay a night or two on Coronado.
Punked Shank
AG
Jock - Coronado is a real nice area. I don't spend much time over there but ive een posters on this board make recommendations. Hopefully they can chime in.

As far as outdoors there is plenty to do. Mission beach/bay you can kayak, etc. And it's right next to PB. Pacific Beach has a really active bar scene and it's beach is popular. I like the beaches up north or in corando but PB does its purpose. I'm living out my last few weeks in PB before I move to north county. Downtown is very active, not my scene but plenty to do and see.

There's also the zoo. It's awesome and they have bars in it.

There are alot of hikes you can do going inland. Do you have an idea where you're staying?

Al Bula
AG
Ha! Driving down to San Diego and staying with my wife for a few days after the UCLA game. Staying at the Coronado also.
Jock 07
AG
I'll be staying at NAS North Island, pretty nice hotel right on the beach.
The Pilot
AG
Haven't booked housing yet, any suggestions? We were leaning towards La Jolla.
Punked Shank
AG
La Jolla is really nice area. Seal watching and alot of walking around. Scripps pier is nice and you are really close to torrey pines. Nice beaches and trails.

Recommend the area. And you're right down the road from mission bay, pb to the south.

Del Mar, Solana beach, Encinitas to the north. Good central spot if you're not looking to be downtown often
Punked Shank
AG
Also get the Cardiff crack tri tip from the place below. You won't be dissapointed.

They should have it already cooked for in store purchases. Usually do anyways.

https://seasidemarket.com

GigEmAgs15
AG
Tour the USS Midway! It's a great aircraft carrier museum with an amazing history. Definitely something unique to SD and interesting for everyone in your group.
Al Bula
AG
I plan on hitting up the midway.
Jock 07
AG
Midway is cool
LeanderAg
AG
Any recommendation for a beach on labor day? Looking for a sandy beach good for little kids, but won't be insanely packed on labor day... something fairly close to Disney Land. Tia
Mustang1
AG
All will be packed. Check into Newport or Huntington.
beachfront71
AG

We get out of town for 3 day weekends and 4th of july .. it is a **** show

your best bet is to Uber to beach and not drive due to parking ..
Silky Johnston
Will Disneyland be a madhouse on labor day?
Matsui
AG
Easy. Seal beach. It's awesome. Little playground right on beach. Little shops and restaurants right by beach. Easy drive from Disney.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.