Branson, MO

1,584 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 15 yr ago by Lone Stranger
lima bean
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Going there for a week in July with 3 others. We are looking at renting a cabin/cottage or staying in a resort on Table Rock Lake.

We definitely want to do the trainride, check out some shows/nightlife in downtown Branson, and enjoy the lake (fishing, water sports).

Any suggestions, comments, things to see/avoid, places to stay/eat in regard to Branson?

Overall, we are looking for a fun yet relaxing vacation!!

tia
TXAGFAN
AG
How old are you?

The area is beautiful and Table Rock is nice, but Branson as a destination for anyone under 60 or without kids is pretty lame.
Ragoo
AG
quote:
but Branson as a destination for anyone under 60 or without kids is VERY lame.

fify
EnergyAg07
Geriatric Vegas.
chick79
AG
I'm 52 and have no desire whatsoever to go.........
Garrelli 5000
AG
My grandparents took their RV there every summer up until the past few years. I spent a week or two their for 4 or 5 years in a row. This was the early-mid 80's.

It was a lot of fun then for a kid. Old people are like children.

My info is worthless because I have no idea what it is like now.
cgarcia23147
Stayed in Kimberling City on Table Rock Lake about 10 years ago. We enjoyed the water activities...
AggieChemist
AG
Stay out of Branson and fly fish Taneycomo.

hth
BaylorHistory
I'm 20 and I like Branson...to each his own. Table Rock Lake offers some good fishing and swimming excursions. The new shopping area on the east side of town is very nice. Plenty of great things on the strip to do.
TXAGFAN
AG
Seriously? What part?

Yakov Smirnov?

Shoji?

The not famous Osmond's?

The billboards as you drive in Missouri are enough to make me want to avoid it. I guess the advertising is good since I remember all of these billboards.

[This message has been edited by TXAGFAN (edited 5/29/2009 1:57a).]
Lone Stranger
Always tell people you are going to Table Rock Lake instead of Branson and when they ask, it is a ways south of Springfield.

I always stay at Big Cedar Lodge which is the Bass Pro Shop resort there right by one of the marinas. It is a decent lake to fish and there are lots of "strung together floating party barge activities" on the lake in the evening during the summer but you have to know where to look.

The Jack Nicklaus course at the lake is a decent course and was in excellent shape the last time I played there.

Dogwood Canyon on horseback or jeep is a nice diversion from the water as are many of the hiking trails in the area.

Of course there is always the quick trip into Branson if you want to eat at a chain restaurant in town.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.