Old/Archived Tickets in MLB Ballpark App?

1,745 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by Proposition Joe
AgRyan04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I have ticket stubs to nearly every game I've ever been to - dating back to my first game at the Astrodome. I have my grandfathers ticket stub from his first game at Colt Stadium.....and I cannot find old tickets of games I've already been to in my MLB Ballpark App.

Am I missing something or did the sport that hangs it's hat on historic nostalgia actually force its fans to go to digital tickets, that can't be downloaded to your personal digital wallet of choice, and then just disappear after the game ends?
The Milkman
AG
I've always said that. It should track every game you've been to with digital tickets. Then you could click it and it would go to the highlight video clips and box score/stats etc.

Also if there was a built in scorebook so you could score keep in the app, then it would remain connected to that game.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
AgRyan04 said:

I have ticket stubs to nearly every game I've ever been to - dating back to my first game at the Astrodome. I have my grandfathers ticket stub from his first game at Colt Stadium.....and I cannot find old tickets of games I've already been to in my MLB Ballpark App.

Am I missing something or did the sport that hangs it's hat on historic nostalgia actually force its fans to go to digital tickets, that can't be downloaded to your personal digital wallet of choice, and then just disappear after the game ends?

When you go to a game make sure to check in on the app. You can enter the significance of the game if there is one and enter your seat for the game. You can also attach pictures. After the game is over, there is a box score and summary.

You can add past games too. Go to your profile (upper left hand corner of the Home Screen). It will show your check in history. You can also add past games where you didn't check in. I have most of my games in there. For games from the 80's I picked games that were on or about the game I went to (year, team, etc).
BCSWguru
Entering past games was a huge upgrade. Mine goes back to 1985.
Proposition Joe
The app only exists to data harvest.

Don't rely on it for anything historical you hold dear -- there are a ton of people out there that bought official broadcast games direct from the MLB site that were rendered unwatchable 5-6 years later when they switched/dumped DRM.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.