New feature on MLB Gamecast

1,021 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by double aught
kb2001
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MLB Gamecast has been pretty good for a while, showing pitch types, speed, and location pretty much real time. There's a new feature I haven't seen before happening with the WS right now on the live page. In the left column, it's showing what I can assume to be real time positions of every player on the field, and well as the ball path. It's just dots, but it's neat

You can see the runners leading off, the ground ball to the SS, and the throw to 1st while it shows the runners moving, all the players moving, around. It's pretty cool to be able to watch the players positioning for the entire field.

Just now, with a pitching change, it showed all the palyers come to the mound, the outfielders clump up to talk in CF, and the pitches coming in while he warms up with the infielders clumped just to the 1st base side of 2nd base.

https://www.mlb.com/gameday/d-backs-vs-rangers/2023/10/27/748542/live

ETA- I don't see it on the mobile app, just the web site
Aggies2009
AG
Was looking at that earlier. When they were warming up between innings, a ball was flying between outfielders and infielders too. Pretty cool.
double aught
AG
I feel like MLB has been pretty cutting edge with their tech for years now.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.