Which team is a more favorable match up

1,672 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by AgBandsman
AggieBand2004
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
For the Rangers in the World Series? And why?
AggieBand2004
AG
Phillies
AggieBand2004
AG
D-Backs
PatriotAg02
AG
Having fun talking to yourself?
AggieBand2004
AG
I'm curious, and the opinions at work are tied 3-3.
Care to actually offer any salient thoughts?
ChoppinDs40
AG
Dbacks. I'd rather get small balled to death than get into another slugfest. Also, I don't want to play 2-3-2 in Philly. Getting cold.

It's going to be about 45* in Philly next Tuesday and Wednesday. No thank you.
Dr Lane Trowlan
ChoppinDs40 said:

Dbacks. I'd rather get small balled to death than get into another slugfest. Also, I don't want to play 2-3-2 in Philly. Getting cold.

It's going to be about 45* in Philly next Tuesday and Wednesday. No thank you.

Irregardless now, but after the Rangers beat the Astros, they said Game 1 would be in Arlington either way. The Rangers had the same record as Philly but swept them, and a better record than Arizona, so maybe that's why. I don't know the home field rules.
ChoppinDs40
AG
Yea. We have home field. But… we would have had to play at least 2 in Philly. Probably 3. 2 of which at near freezing temps. Bombi would be out there in a puffer jacket.

Give me the dome in PHX. Our lineup has to get after their starters early to avoid that 7-8-9 bullpen set up.

This whole series comes down to… can Monty and Eovaldi stay hot? We don't have the arms to make it without them. Mediocre lineups can make our BP look bad.
jja79
AG
Maybe they'll open the roof at ChaseField. Supposed to be highs of 80 for the next 10 days here.
rackmonster
AG
Well you won't have to worry about playing in the cold. My Phillies went into the deep freeze at the Plate last night. We came home only having to win one game, the D-Backs had to win two, and they did. Can't argue with that. I'm Disappointed , but not upset. Congrats D-Backs.

Just my 2 cents...I think the TV ratings for this World Series will be in the toilet. You got 2 teams from the Sunbelt with hardly any national following. A Phillies-Astros WS would have had much more "juice" nationally.

ChoppinDs40
AG
Take your juice and shove it

Kidding. For us Rangers fans, we don't care if this has 2million people watching every night because we'll be tuned in.

Any way to win it is all that matters, gotta get the monkey off our back and exorcise the demons of 2011.
'03ag
ChoppinDs40 said:

Take your juice and shove it

Kidding.

Not me
Water Boy
AG
2008 and 2022 are in the top 5 of least watched World Series of all time. Both included the Phillies. Not sure the Phillies are the national draw you think they are.
rackmonster
AG
Water Boy said:

2008 and 2022 are in the top 5 of least watched World Series of all time. Both included the Phillies. Not sure the Phillies are the national draw you think they are.
Point well taken. However, in 2008 we played the Tampa Bay Rays. NOBODY cared about them, not even their "home town fans". World Series tickets are almost impossible to get in Philly, so we had tons of fans flying down there so they could see the World Series. Airfare and tickets in Tampa were in many cases cheaper than a ticket in Philly. There were as many, or more Phillies fans in Tampa than Rays fans. Lots of Philly transplants as well.
Water Boy
AG
Makes sense. Tampa fans do not care about their team as we saw in the WC where attendance was below regular season average in the mlb. Also people are less interested overall in the word series if you look at the trend over the past few years. Wouldn't surprise me if this series ranks in the top 5 of least viewed but could also see people tuning in since this matchup offers something unique. I guess we shall see. Just happy to be in the thing.
AgBandsman
AG
rackmonster said:

Well you won't have to worry about playing in the cold. My Phillies went into the deep freeze at the Plate last night. We came home only having to win one game, the D-Backs had to win two, and they did. Can't argue with that. I'm Disappointed , but not upset. Congrats D-Backs.

Just my 2 cents...I think the TV ratings for this World Series will be in the toilet. You got 2 teams from the Sunbelt with hardly any national following. A Phillies-Astros WS would have had much more "juice" nationally.

Let's see how the ALCS went this year.....

MLB Playoff Ratings Steady in LCS After Declines in Wild-Card and Division Rounds (usnews.com)

"Texas' 2-0 victory over Houston in Game 1 of the ALCS on Oct. 15 averaged 7.27 million on Fox, Fox Deportes and streaming. That was the most viewed opening game of the ALCS since 2010 when the Rangers faced the New York Yankees and averaged 8.11 million."

Interesting. So in the past 13 years, the top 2 most watched ALCS series both featured the Rangers. (None of the Astros 7 visits made it to the list).

But, yea, I'm sure it will be a low watched World Series because trashcan astros aren't in it. Makes sense.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.