Just heard a STL Cardinals stat that blew my mind

1,543 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by dabo man
dabo man
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Since 1920 (live ball era), the Cardinals have only finished in last place one time. This is according to today's Brewers telecast.

Looks like it's going to be two after this season.
bearkatag15
AG
Looks like besides this year, they finished last in 1990 and that it. Before 1920 they finished last in 1918, 1913, 1908, 1907, 1903, 1898, and 1897.

Cards finished 2nd to last just 3 times since 1920... pretty solid run of not being complete ass
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
_lefraud_
AG
1990 was the only other season (since 1920).
WestTexasAg
AG
That's pretty incredible.
dabo man
AG
Quote:

Looks like besides this year, they finished last in 1990 and that it. Before 1920 they finished last in 1918, 1913, 1908, 1907, 1903, 1898, and 1897.

Go back to 1908. You're STL, and you've finished in last place five of the last twelve seasons. You look north, and there are the Cubs, 2x defending World Champs.

Who could have guessed what the next 100+ years would be like?!?
Iowaggie
AG
Is this scrum Cubs-Cards or is that the Reds? I assumed that was Ted Simmons (StL) but not 100% sure.

fc2112
Keep in mind that divisional play didn't start until 1969, so it was pretty hard to finish in lst place. and there were only two divisions until 1993.
DrZ
AG
Cubs Cardinals. I would like to see why Matlock went to dugout to "meditate". He said the pitcher had done it. I guess meditating would not work with a pitch clock
DrZ
AG
The youtube video has a little more at the beginning

dabo man
AG
Reading the comments at youtube, he was facing Al Hrabosky "The Mad Hungarian". Madlock was tired of Hrabosky wasting time between pitches with the whole Mad Hungarian routine and decided to waste Hrabosky's time instead.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.