Minute Maid roof?

1,309 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by chlavinka
ConroeAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm sorry if this topic has been beaten to death, but a quick search yielded nothing...

We are looking to attend an Astros game in early September (either Padres or Yankees), and the choice between a 6:10 game or a 1:10 game might hinge largely on the roof status. We don't see enough games to know off the top of our heads if there's a clear pattern for this.

At this point, my assumption is that due to the heat the roof is probably closed pretty much every game...but is that right? If we go at 1:10, is there any danger of us (with kids) baking in the sun and heat?
BMX Bandit
The roof will be closed. 100% certainty.
Ag_07
AG
Quote:

At this point, my assumption is that due to the heat the roof is probably closed pretty much every game

Correct. Expect for a couple games in March/April and maybe a couple playoff games in Oct/Nov it's closed.

Quote:

If we go at 1:10, is there any danger of us (with kids) baking in the sun and heat?

If baking is a possibility it's closed.
ConroeAg
Yeah, I feel like the current heatwave puts what would normally be a reasonable question almost into the realm of a very stupid question.

But with kids in tow (including probably someone else's kid), I just wanted to make sure. I have been there in the past on a blazing day and wondered why the hell the roof was open. But that was a long time ago, and policies may have long since changed.
Ciboag96
Nm
chlavinka
AG
100 % guaranteed the roof will be closed for both games
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.