San Diego / Petco Park

1,367 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by WestTexasAg
spadilly
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Heading to SD soon and will visiting Petco Park while we are out there.

Any must see spots in/around the ballpark and/or restaurant recommendations?
Going to be there for a few days, so we already have the zoo, La Jolla hiking, USS Midway, and the Air/Space Museum on the list.
MtnAg08
AG
Those are all great places to check out. Cabrillo National Monument is a really nice spot as well. They also run harbor tours a little north of the USS Midway that are fun.

Mike's Taco Club at Ocean Beach has great fish tacos. El Pescador Fish Market is a nice spot in when you're out in La Jolla.
BCSWguru
Catch a sunset on Coronado Island if you can.
ClassOf17
La Jolla is awesome. Also check out Torrey Pines.
WoMD
ClassOf17 said:

I'm in Del Mar right now for the next week. Forgive my ignorance, but where in La Jolla and Torrey pines to check out?
E
AG
Go hike the trails at torrey pines park by the cliffs. More of a walk then a hike and has awesome views!

AgLA06
AG
WoMD said:

ClassOf17 said:

I'm in Del Mar right now for the next week. Forgive my ignorance, but where in La Jolla and Torrey pines to check out?

This is kind of the middle area of everything. Scripps park and the beach walk are nice to see seals. Plenty of nice restaurants, bars and shops around that area.

Eating breakfast or lunch at Torrey Pines grill is awesome to see the course and the paragliders. It's right between the putting green and the first tee for both course on the back of Lodge.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/YjGU9oEnAG72CeRFA

I don't like the area around Petco, but bar hopping on the waterfront or catching the ferry to Coronado to do the same is fun. Gas lamp is famously touristic.

Zoo is great, but the wild animal park inland is even better.
DallasAg 94
WoMD said:

ClassOf17 said:

Elegant dinner on the beach:

https://www.marineroom.com/menus

Took my wife there, on recommendation from a local friend. It was not disappointing.

We stayed at the Seal Lodge, now branded as La Jolla Shores Hotel. Our room balcony opened up to sand of the beach (after crossing the sidewalk) and into the water.

Another nice dinner place - it was Top of the Cove, but appears to now be Georges at the Cove. It was the 1st time I was handed a wine list that looked like my notes from an engineering class. Probably 70-80 pages top to bottom. I said, "I need a red in the $70 range." He delivered... and a 2nd.
DallasAg 94
OP... we've done a dinner cruise around the bay. It was really nice. Touristy, but everyone was really friendly and it was fun.

We've done other cruises on the bay. The beach at Coronado was really nice.

As mentioned if you like the typical urban bar hop scene, Gas Lamp works. Some nights they'll have the streets blocked off for street parties.

Just be careful of the homeless and Hepatitis.
WestTexasAg
AG
spadilly said:

Heading to SD soon and will visiting Petco Park while we are out there.

Any must see spots in/around the ballpark and/or restaurant recommendations?
Going to be there for a few days, so we already have the zoo, La Jolla hiking, USS Midway, and the Air/Space Museum on the list.
Check out Del Coronado, San Diego Zoo, USS Midway, Petco Park
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.