Astros Team Store

3,084 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Marvin
halfastros81
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Kind of sucks. . I spent $500 in there today and then they wouldn't allow entry into the ballpark to use the restroom . I know why they don't allow entry, don't want homeless in there but cmon…. I just spent $500.

They need to figure out a way to make the store more customer friendly and also educate employees better as well. They don't know anything about product availability or anything that's not sitting there on the shelf for sale.
Farmer1906
AG
They're not allowed to let people into the ballpark. It's fairly simple. Just think if you decided to go for a walk how much trouble they could get in. They're low wage hourly employees.
halfastros81
AG
They need to figure out an arrangement to let customers use a restroom.

Btw, 5 secs later a guy asked us if we wanted to go on the field and take pics. We could have done so and used the restroom and been a-ok but I was in a hurry and so didn't take him up on it. He was not affiliated with the store. Probably a team or ballpark employee.

The store needs to get their act together. The employees have restroom access and they need to figure out an arrangement to let the paying customers that keep the store in business access as well. It's ******ed .
Jet Black
Should have just went outside. It's downtown. Nobody cares.
Ag_07
AG
It's a merchandise store run by a baseball team in a stadium.

This isn't the Dior store in the Galleria.
halfastros81
AG
Most 7-11's have bathrooms for customers.
Farmer1906
AG
7-11 is a giant national retailer that has billions of dollars in revenue. One of their selling points is bathrooms for drivers. This is a team store.
chlavinka
AG
This store needs a total overhaul. Most of their inventory is garbage.
ATM9000
AG
I can't imagine dropping $500 in a freaking pro team store.
halfastros81
AG
There's a bathroom 75 ft away owned by the same entity.
BMX Bandit
ATM9000 said:

Then running to start a thread crying about the bathroom
halfastros81
AG
I have family and friends that are Astros fans . Easy Christmas presents that I know will be used.
ATM9000
AG
BMX Bandit said:

ATM9000 said:

Probably went all man Karen on the poor soul making $10/hr. 'I JUST SPENT $500!!!'
halfastros81
AG
Btw, it's not about the $15/hr people. I know they are just following instructions. It's about the teams's management of the store . I believe a team that can win a World Series should try to have that same level of quality In Everything they do .
Panama Red
AG
This is why I buy all my fan gear at Bucees.
ATM9000
AG
halfastros81 said:

Btw, it's not about the $15/hr people. I know they are just following instructions. It's about the teams's management of the store . I believe a team that can win a World Series should try to have that same level of quality In Everything they do .
You spent $500 in the store… they must not have that bad level of quality.
halfastros81
AG
The merchandise is of reasonable quality and they do have items that are hard to find elsewhere , particularly the wool pennants and banners. The service could be improved upon dramatically with minimal effort on management's part imo. Would be a win for everyone.
ATM9000
AG
halfastros81 said:

The merchandise is of reasonable quality and they do have items that are hard to find elsewhere , particularly the wool pennants and banners. The service could be improved upon dramatically with minimal effort on management's part imo. Would be a win for everyone.

So had they just let you drop a deuce in a MMP stall, 5 star service.
halfastros81
AG
No. All I'm saying is they could easily make the experience better with a little more effort and care. I think it's pretty normal for a stand alone store to have bathroom access and I also don't think it'd be hard to have one person there that knows the product lines that you can get . I know you can get some things that weren't displayed in the store online but all we got was shoulder shrugging. Done with this subject now.
Ag_07
AG
It's not a standalone store. It's in a stadium.
texasaggie2015
AG
This might be my favorite thread ever
ATM9000
AG
halfastros81 said:

No. All I'm saying is they could easily make the experience better with a little more effort and care. I think it's pretty normal for a stand alone store to have bathroom access and I also don't think it'd be hard to have one person there that knows the product lines that you can get . I know you can get some things that weren't displayed in the store online but all we got was shoulder shrugging. Done with this subject now.

I see… so you are saying they missed out on some more sales from you.
htxag09
AG
username checks out
Funky Winkerbean
AG
It is so easy to be wrong—and to persist in being wrong—when the costs of being wrong are paid by others.
Thomas Sowell
Marvin
AG
ATM9000 said:

Guilty
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
Marvin
AG
BMX Bandit said:

ATM9000 said:

Not guilty!!!
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.