Savannah Bananas - the Harlem Globetrotters of baseball?

2,199 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by monarch
CoachRTM
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anybody been to a game? Looks fascinating and like it would be a great night out.

Rules :
1. No Bunting
2. Walks are sprints (defense has to have all 9 players touch the ball before they can tag the runner out)
3. No mound visits
4. Can't step out of the batter's box
5. Hitters can steal first base
6. If a fan catches a foul ball, it's an out
7. Each inning is a winner take all
8. Two-hour time limit
9. Overtime one-on-one showdown. Pitcher, catcher and one fielder are the only defensive players on the field.

More details on each at this link :
https://thesavannahbananas.com/banana-ball-rules/

aggie813
First time I went, I didn't think I would like it but I was wrong. I've been to several games and they are a lot of fun.
Bulldog73
AG
CoachRTM said:

Anybody been to a game? Looks fascinating and like it would be a great night out.

Rules :
1. No Bunting
2. Walks are sprints (defense has to have all 9 players touch the ball before they can tag the runner out)
3. No mound visits
4. Can't step out of the batter's box
5. Hitters can steal first base
6. If a fan catches a foul ball, it's an out
7. Each inning is a winner take all
8. Two-hour time limit
9. Overtime one-on-one showdown. Pitcher, catcher and one fielder are the only defensive players on the field.

More details on each at this link :
https://thesavannahbananas.com/banana-ball-rules/

We went last week actually. It's a ton of fun. Those rules are for "banana ball" not the typical division games, but even the regular games were a lot of fun (and all you can eat). If you want to go to a game, you need to get on the email list and buy tickets super early. They have 6 straight years of sell outs.

Also, they won their summer league division for the first half of the summer. There weren't a bunch of D1 kids on the roster, but they played ball pretty well. Especially for a wood bat league.
BucketofBalls99
Yes, me and my son were reading about them and watching videos and are determined to make a trip that way in the next couple years to watch a couple/few games. Would really like to be there for a banana ball game. Seems like it would be a ton of fun to watch
Bulldog73
AG
The biggest advice I have for anyone wanting to go, get on their ticket sign up list sooner than later. Yes, you'll have to delete spam, but you'll be hard pressed for tickets otherwise.
bearkatag15
AG

These are awesome
monarch
S
Who owns these goobers?
Peace for Ukraine!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.