Fenway Advice

1,708 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by digging tunnels
Sex Panther
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Going to my first game at Fenway later this summer so just wanted to see if there was a section I need to try and sit in or any tips. Assuming there's some good bars around the stadium as well?
StEdsCOOG
I went a few years ago to watch the Astros and we pregamed at Cask 'n Flagon across the street from the LF corner. Are you planning on doing a tour? We did the batting practice tour which took you on the field and on top of the Green Monster during BP. Really cool.
jetch17
AG
Bleacher bar under the stands is always a cool spot for first timers - they open up the wall during batting practice and you can watch at field level from the outfield
BryanAggie2013
AG
StEdsCOOG said:

I went a few years ago to watch the Astros and we pregamed at Cask 'n Flagon across the street from the LF corner. Are you planning on doing a tour? We did the batting practice tour which took you on the field and on top of the Green Monster during BP. Really cool.

Seconded on the tour. They usually leave on the last tour 4 hours before first pitch and it's an hour in length. We did that and then spent about an hour in the bleacher bar in centerfield until they opened the gates 90 minutes before first pitch. Then went in and found a spot at the wall of the home bullpen to watch the rest of BP. Good opportunity to catch home run balls.

Enjoy! It was one of my favorite sports experiences!
AustinCountyAg
Fenway is the TITS.....If you want to hit up one of the bar's outside the stadium get there several hours early. They get packed. Best advice I can give someone is get there early and just soak it all in. Walk the stadium and enjoy the atmosphere. For a baseball fan it is the pinnacle IMO as to what going to a game should feel like.

Seat wise I suggest top row of whatever section you choose. They suck. Tight and uncomfortable, and if you're in the last row you can at least stand up and stretch.

Harpoon IPA's are also very good if that is your thing. Take the subway. I also suggest going during a yankees series if so. Last year we were there and since everyone in our group was in Yankees gear we were catching tons of crap. But in a fun type of way. Fantastic experience and looking forward to going to NYC this year for another series against the Sox. Curious to see what the dynamic shift is like in terms of fans.
aggiederelict
Yankee fans are terrible in my experience. Low baseball knowledge and very few lpayed the game at a meaningful level.
AustinCountyAg
aggiederelict said:

Yankee fans are terrible in my experience. Low baseball knowledge and very few lpayed the game at a meaningful level.
that's what my current expectations are as well....
BQ2001
AG
One of the best ballpark hot dogs out there. Highly suggest doing the tour too.
cboutwell18
AG
Don't sit in the covered area. Seats are much closer together and old and wooden (navy seats)

Uncovered areas are a little better but still pretty close together (red seats)

Outfield seating is probably most comfortable but obviously the outfield
CampingAg
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

Fenway is the TITS.....If you want to hit up one of the bar's outside the stadium get there several hours early. They get packed. Best advice I can give someone is get there early and just soak it all in. Walk the stadium and enjoy the atmosphere. For a baseball fan it is the pinnacle IMO as to what going to a game should feel like.

Seat wise I suggest top row of whatever section you choose. They suck. Tight and uncomfortable, and if you're in the last row you can at least stand up and stretch.

Harpoon IPA's are also very good if that is your thing. Take the subway. I also suggest going during a yankees series if so. Last year we were there and since everyone in our group was in Yankees gear we were catching tons of crap. But in a fun type of way. Fantastic experience and looking forward to going to NYC this year for another series against the Sox. Curious to see what the dynamic shift is like in terms of fans.
Went to a Yankees Sox game in the Bronx in 2016 and was very underwhelmed. Felt like any ol midsummer game in Houston or Arlington. It was fun, just not any more ramped up than usual. New stadium killed the atmosphere. New Yankee Stadium is the DKR of MLB.

However, went to a Cleveland vs. Sox game at Fenway and had some very elderly Sox season ticket holders next to us. They said they actually go to every single game except the Yankees games because it just gets too rowdy for them.
Carlo4
AG
cboutwell18 said:

Don't sit in the covered area. Seats are much closer together and old and wooden (navy seats)

Uncovered areas are a little better but still pretty close together (red seats)

Outfield seating is probably most comfortable but obviously the outfield

Good advice. I've been there for three games.

1. Left field boxes above green monster
2. Right field

Standing

3. Behind first covered

If you are wider than 36" in the waist, follow the above advice. If you want to splurge on tickets, do the green monster seats. I had a wonderful experience when I went. Veritek hit a HR two seats down from me and made it on Sportscenter. Those were the days.
digging tunnels
AG
I sat along the baselines facing LF and RF. Seats were great. And if you can somehow sneak up to the seats of green monster, do it!

Absolutely take a tour. Call ahead and get your reservation.

Bleacher Bar is the tits
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.