Carlos Correa is annoying me

4,273 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by jbanda
N8TeK
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So I thought I'd come here and cry about it …. Get rid of him he's a cancer to the idealism the Astros had when they signed him ….. move him out and get someone young better and cheaper in ..
BMX Bandit
Cancer to idealism. Sounds serious.
tjack16
AG

Ag_07
AG
Wow...Lot to unpack here

Quote:

Get rid of him he's a cancer to the idealism the Astros had when they signed him

Which is? I need to hear more on this because by all accounts he's been the opposite of a cancer. He's a clubhouse leader. But go on

Quote:

move him out

You realize he's a free agent right? They can't move him out.

Quote:

get someone younger and better

Ok...Who would that be?
Marvin
AG
Ag_07 said:

Wow...Lot to unpack here

Quote:

Get rid of him he's a cancer to the idealism the Astros had when they signed him

Which is? I need to hear more on this because by all accounts he's been the opposite of a cancer. He's a clubhouse leader. But go on

Quote:

move him out

You realize he's a free agent right? They can't move him out.

Quote:

get someone younger and better

Ok...Who would that be?

Eh, emotional rant is emotional. I wouldn't spend time analyzing it- just let him blow his steam.
astros4545
AG
Hell of a post on the last day of 2021 from some poster no one has ever heard of
N8TeK
Did any of u watch his insane World Series appearance ? Hell of a showing
tjack16
AG
N8TeK said:

You mean where he led the team in RBI? And had more hits than Yordan + Bregman combined?
N8TeK
tjack16 said:

N8TeK said:

You mean where he led the team in RBI? And had more hits than Yordan + Bregman combined?
the way u put it makes it's seem like he had more than only 4 runs batted in ….. same as Maldonado.. also only had 6 hits out of 23 at bats … which also did tucker yuli and altuve …
tjack16
AG
N8TeK said:

tjack16 said:

N8TeK said:

the way u put it makes it's seem like he had more than only 4 runs batted in ….. same as Maldonado.. also only had 6 hits out of 23 at bats … which also did tucker yuli and altuve …

So what you're saying is the entire Astros offense no showed? Yes that is accurate

So you trashing Correa over him not hitting well in the World Series is stupid considering pretty much nobody on the team had a good offensive series.
N8TeK
tjack16 said:

N8TeK said:

tjack16 said:

N8TeK said:

So what you're saying is the entire Astros offense no showed? Yes that is accurate

So you trashing Correa over him not hitting well in the World Series is stupid considering pretty much nobody on the team had a good offensive series.
all I'm saying is he just isn't worth it ….
redline248
AG
Isn't worth what?
EastSideAg2002
redline248 said:

Isn't worth what?
It.
Memphis 7
tjack16 said:

N8TeK said:

Now that's a cherry pick.
tjack16
AG
Memphis 7 said:

tjack16 said:

N8TeK said:

How so? That's two of the three Triple Crown categories. Also my point was pretty much nobody on the Astros offense played well that entire series. So you can't really bring up one individual person and say they did poorly.
htxag09
AG
tjack16 said:

Memphis 7 said:

tjack16 said:

N8TeK said:

How so? That's two of the three Triple Crown categories. Also my point was pretty much nobody on the Astros offense played well that entire series. So you can't really bring up one individual person and say they did poorly.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not agreeing with the OP, I love me some Correa. I also find the timing of this thread odd as he can't do anything anyways because of the lockout.

But sure you can. The marketing and push behind Correa has been how clutch he is in the playoffs. I've been made fun of ad nauseum on the Astros threads for saying he's not clutch. He's simply himself, which is one of the best SS's. He's had a couple of really good playoff runs and he's had a couple of really bad playoff runs. People just only remember those really big hits, they tend to forget the strike outs.

But you can't have your cake and eat it to. Don't distinguish yourself as this clutch superstar, for example, standing at home plate after your only home run of the post season and pointing to your wrist saying playoffs are Correa time or whatever, then say its not fair to point out his poor performance because everyone sucked.....
The Porkchop Express
N8TeK said:

tjack16 said:

N8TeK said:

tjack16 said:

N8TeK said:

all I'm saying is he just isn't worth it ….
Memphis 7
tjack16 said:

Memphis 7 said:

tjack16 said:

N8TeK said:

Because you compared him against two people who had an absolute **** World Series.

Greinke had as many hits as Bregman and Alvarez.

And 4 rbi from the 5 hole to tie Maldonado with the team lead in rbis isn't that impressive. That's just a bad team offensive performance.

Would be curious who had the most rbi opportunities
Memphis 7
Memphis 7
Memphis 7
Ironically I saw this article posted this morning analyzing rbi ops and productivity.

Now this isn't post season/ws like what was being discussed, but these numbers essentially point to Carlos being the 5th best hitter On the Astros. I think most would agree with that assessment. It even those who disagree… he's 4th?

Now factor in the injuries.

Not worth 300 million. Not even close.

https://climbingtalshill.com/2022/01/04/astros-rbi-percentages-for-lineup/?a_aid=41466&fbclid=IwAR1Sa4oKY4QoHQqNDmw3Yhn74R_uSc0-ziNg1Ualyb7cnuqmaXYA3bZIvOo
The Porkchop Express
His defense is the reason you consider the mega-contract. That's what will be dearly missed if he goes elsewhere.
GrapevineAg
AG
N8TeK said:

… idealism… Astros…
WSCTR
JYDog90
AG
EastSideAg2002 said:

redline248 said:

Isn't worth what?
It.
Formerly Willy Wonka
AgsWin2011
AG
He's a Grade A dbag. Perfect fit for the Houston fan base if you ask me.
kb2001
AG
Correa is likely going to get 10 years and close to $400M. I certainly hope it isn't the Astros paying that. As great as he has been in moments, he's inconsistent and injury prone. As a person, he's a great presence in the locker room and on the field and that will be missed.
jbanda
AG
Full circle now? Seems he's one of the only big money FA that hasn't signed yet and the options are narrowing.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2022/03/carlos-correa-rumors-astros-cubs-tigers-javier-baez.html
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.