Shades of 2011 - Cardinals are so hot right now

1,733 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by DaleDoback
dcrewint
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ranger fans don't read this, it is not meant to pick at your scars.

I am shocked (not really) that no one has posted about this 16 game win streak the STL Cardinals are on right now! Their resurgence within this season reminds me of their comeback at the end of the 2011 regular season which led ultimately to them being the WS Champs with the lowest regular season win percentage. They are clicking on all cylinders right now and are gaining some pitching health back as Flaherty, Mikolas, and Hudson have all come off the DL. All of it with only picking up veteran pitchers Lester/Happ before the trade deadline.

It's been awhile since I've seen the offense look so good as well. Goldy's average up in the 290's, O'Neill hitting a HR every other day it feels like. Every night someone else always wants a piece of the action as well in bringing some excitement in the clubhouse. It looks like they feel they're gonna win the battle at the plate, day in and day out.

I am a huge Cards fan and hope to see the same result come to pass as we saw in 2011!
DaleDoback
Spot on. Nolan isn't even clicking on offense right now and it seems like they are still scoring 6+ a game. Bader is a sparkplug. Back end of the bullpen has been very good. Hopefully we can ride this for the next month!
South Platte
2007 Rocktober
RodTidwell
Thanks for posting on this. I'm a Cards fan as well and it's been a fun ride, now at 17!

I believe you are confusing 2006 and 2011 a bit. The Cards went 83-78 in 2006 and beat the Tigers, in 2011, their record was 90-72. 2006 would be the season they won the WS with the lowest winning percentage.

W
AG
the NL wildcard game is headed toward irresistible force (Cardinals) vs. immovable object (Scherzer)
dcrewint
Yeah, I was a little off, I was speaking of 2011 mostly in regards to their September play:

By edging Atlanta to clinch the Wild Card on the final day of the regular season, the 2011 Cardinals completed the largest comeback in history after 130 games,(and collapses in Atlanta's point of view). They went 23-9 over their final 32 games to erase a 10.5 game deficit. They went 18-8 in the month of September while the Braves went 9-18 for September to open the door.
W
AG
and the manager got fired
DaleDoback
Blindsided by the move. Really curious what the plan is for the next manager. '22 is a huge year. Really want to see them go all in.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.