is this the end of pitchers hitting in NL?

1,736 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Farmer1906
Aggie95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
IF we play ball this year it looks like we'll have a universal DH. Will the NL go back to its original ways for 2021 and beyond? I seriously doubt it.
RodTidwell
I would tend to agree. Although not a huge fan of the DH, i do understand how it would serve a purpose for the proposed shortened season, but I also see it as a beginning of the end.
jm94
AG
Yeah, it was already in its death throes, so this is likely to push it over the top.
KT 90
AG
I could live with it either way, but it needs to be same in both leagues imo. So either DH in both leagues, or no DH at all.

Having said that, I think they would go the DH route. The Players Association would likely be in favor of the DH rule for both leagues, as it gives the aging vet who can still hit (but not so good in the field) a shot at a roster spot to continue their career.

Trucker 96
They should have done this as a part of deciding to go to 15 in each league. At this point, it is overdue. If they didn't want to go full DH, then the leagues should have never been as intermingled as they are now
diehard03
Yep. Either 2 distinct leagues that don't play each other until the WS or the same rules in both.
AgBQ-00
AG
The purists can say what they want but AL ball is more entertaining for me. I don't care about double switches or seeing a pitcher get up there and watch pitches go by or wave feebly at them. The rare occasion of retaliation or him helping his own cause is not worth the trade off.
Communists aren't people. They are property of the state.
texsn95
AG
2:25 for the money shot....what a series that was. Was in my last year of grad school. Redemption in 2016

agsalaska
AG
Bingo Bango Bongo said:

They should have done this as a part of deciding to go to 15 in each league. At this point, it is overdue. If they didn't want to go full DH, then the leagues should have never been as intermingled as they are now
Agreed.

But I would rather see interleague play go away rather than the DH go away.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
Farmer1906
AG
I was so anti DH it wasn't funny, but after the Astros moved to the AL and I have experienced DH ball there is absolutely no reason to not have a DH.

The only problem doing it this year is that the NL teams aren't prepared like the AL ones.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.