Parking/Watching Game 6

1,855 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by agsalaska
wmitchell
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm driving into Houston on Tuesday for game 6. Hoping to get a ticket but unlikely with my budget. Where can I park and where is somewhere close to the stadium I can watch? I'll be at the stadium at trying to get a ticket during the first part of the game. Coming from the San Antonio area.
JamesBREI06
AG
Who are you coming with and what sort of environment are you looking for if you don't buy a ticket?
Whoop!
wmitchell
AG
probably just me (leaving wife and young kids at home).

Looking to have some beers, be rowdy for the game. Want to be where there will be a bigger celebration if we win.

Would love to be right outside the stadium if they televise it there and have a bar. Not sure that's an option - always have had a ticket when going before.
Post removed:
by user
wmitchell
AG
Thanks! Hoping I can get a ticket but that is doubtful.
JamesBREI06
AG
Homeplate and Lucky's will be good, there will be a block party by lucky's. The crowd there will be more working class if you are looking for a more upscale environment the Biggio's is good, also right by the stadium.
Whoop!
wmitchell
AG
Where should I park or should I park at my friends and Uber?
jetch17
AG
im just expecting to fork over $60 for a surface lot like a couple years ago
3 Toed Pete
AG
wmitchell said:

Where should I park or should I park at my friends and Uber?
Uber after the game may be tough. Prepare to walk pretty far from stadium to request a ride. Based off 2017.
3 Toed Pete
AG
jetch17 said:

im just expecting to fork over $60 for a surface lot like a couple years ago
That's what I paid at Game 2.
Post removed:
by user
Texaggie7nine
Park at the Hilton of Americas garage. It's $27 for the day. Go to Biggio's to watch/wait to see if you can score tickets.
7nine
wmitchell
AG
Got an SRO ticket!! Headed form sa now. Where's the best SRO area?
Texaggie7nine
If you are one of the first people that get in, Torchy's deck in the back has tables and chairs that you will have to sprint to. Otherwise, find places along 1st or 3rd baseline where you can slip in behind a food kiosk and stand between the wheelchair row and the kiosk. Stand there until you make friends with your standing neighbors enough that they will save your spot when you go to get food or the bathroom.
7nine
WES2006AG
AG
wmitchell said:

Got an SRO ticket!! Headed form sa now. Where's the best SRO area?
I stood behind 122 for game 1 and it was awesome. I can't imagine there is a better spot than that. You will need to be there early though.
agsalaska
AG
Fuicking Lubbock

I left a trip early to get back cause of the storm and the threat or Raton Pass being closed. ****ty drive all day. Finally get to Lubbock and get a hotel.

I picked up the game good on the radio past Clovis right when it started.

1. Liquor store- check
2. Dominos Pizza- Check
3. Cheap room at the La Quinta- Check

****ing Fox is not working at the hotel!!!! ****kkk!!!!

Thank you to the cute Tech coed working the front counter. She called it in and had it fixed in 20 minutes.

But geez.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.