Why is Angel Hernandez still employed?

3,108 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Quincey P. Morris
Quincey P. Morris
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Grades out as consistently one of the worst every year and is an arrogant temperamental sack of s*** to boot.
The Lost
unions are awesome when you suck at your job!
Ag_07
AG
Same can be said for any umpire who's name you know. Think about it...

Angel Hernandez
CB Bucknor
Joe West
Hunter Wendlestad
Laz Diaz
Phil Cuzzi

Basically if you've heard of them they probably aren't any good.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
True but Hernandez out-chodes them all when it comes to his attitude.
Furlock Bones
AG
it was a bad call however the catcher definitely didn't help his pitcher.
Charlie Conway
What about Ed Hockely?
Moxie
AG
Is there a reason that the manager is almost always thrown out as soon as they get there? As if the second you question a call, you're gone.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Arguing balls and strikes is one of the no-no's with umpires and the league. Supposedly undermines the umpires authority as if fans don't see the atrocious job some of them are doing.
alvtimes
Angel Hernandez the same guy that sued MLB for racial discrimination ..... no dude you just suck.... shut up!
Mike Elko
AG
Alvarado Times said:

Angel Hernandez the same guy that sued MLB for racial discrimination ..... no dude you just suck.... shut up!
And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why he's still an ump. If MLB fires his incompetent a**, he and the other snowflakes will use race as the reason why. What a world we live in.
Topher17
AG
That is especially egregious, but not surprising from Hernandez. Aside from him, am I the only one who has felt like umpires have been noticably worse this year when it comes to balls and strikes? I watch a lot of baseball every year and I have felt like this year I've seen a lot more really subpar umpiring as compared to normal.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Topher17 said:

That is especially egregious, but not surprising from Hernandez. Aside from him, am I the only one who has felt like umpires have been noticably worse this year when it comes to balls and strikes? I watch a lot of baseball every year and I have felt like this year I've seen a lot more really subpar umpiring as compared to normal.

It's been the last several years. My issue has been consistency from inning to inning. I don't care what the strike zone is so long as it's consistent and the same on both sides. I don't think they generally show favoritism but you can't count on the same pitch being called the same way even for the same pitcher.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
AustinAg2012 said:

Alvarado Times said:

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why he's still an ump. If MLB fires his incompetent a**, he and the other snowflakes will use race as the reason why. What a world we live in.

Maybe. He was around without being fired and was terrible a long time before he filed suit.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.