Parking at or around Minute Maid

1,753 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by ClickClack
aghunter95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Plan on making a game later this month and wanted to know where to park. Trying not to pay $20 for parking!
Charlie Conway
if you don't want to pay $20 there's plenty of lots close to the stadium that will charge you $40
jah003
S
We went to one game last year and rode the ninfa's shuttle. Worked out great... easy on and easy off.
The Milkman
AG
8th Wonder brewery you can have s couple pregame brews, park for free and walk
AstroAggie15
AG
Uber
bobinator
AG
If you don't mind walking a bit, the parking at MMP really isn't that bad compared to a lot of other places I've been for sporting events.
3B Paul 97
AG
If you go on Sunday there is a lot of street parking for free.
dummble
AG
All street parking is free after 6pm and on weekends. Tons and Tons of street parking. I usually get to downtown at 530 for a weekday game and park in one of the pull-in spots on Prairie (the truck makes parallel harder because of length) You pay the meter for 30 minutes(it automatically will not let you pay more than till 6pm) boom, walk to a bar and pre-game

Same deal for weekends except all day is free. I found street parking during the ALCS and Series. Trust me, there will be spots.

To prep your self. Know where your freeway empties you into downtown. The streets are one-way and flip every other street. Know which direction you want your car facing to leave downtown. That should give you a few blocks to circle in proximity to the stadium to look for a spot.
The Milkman
AG
All great advice, except note that parking on the street is only free on Sundays. Saturdays the meters are live until 6pm the same as a weekday.

My go-to is usually to park over near the Conservatory, pay for half an hour on the meter, drink for an hour and then make the 10 minute walk to the ballpark.

I may do that tomorrow actually
Harry Dunne
I've got the cell phone of a couple of the bike rickshaw guys. I park near any one of the eado bars and text them. You can always find one riding around, especially if you are early or late.
bobinator
AG
yeah, I got some street parking for Game 6 of the ALCS. In fact I had my window down to get ready to pay for a lot and a... let's say local that looked like they had a lot of street knowledge... told me about the street parking thing. I just paid it a few bucks to make it until 6 and then gave him ten bucks.
titanmaster_race
We got street parking near 8th wonder for Game 5 of the WS
bigjag19
AG
If evening or weekend, parking garage next to UH stadium. Train is free with game ticket.
Harry Dunne
bigjag19 said:

If evening or weekend, parking garage next to UH stadium. Train is free with game ticket.

Sounds like a great way to get mugged.
Bonfired
AG
I park at the lot at Leeland and Chenevert...5 bucks for 12 hours, and the walk isn't that bad.
8T2
I know the game has started, but in the future, park around Main Street, hit the bars, and either walk to the stadium or take the rail. Parking jocks don't work on Saturday, but if you are not sure, an hour of parking is only a couple of bucks.
Gil Renard
AG
Enron
tjack16
AG
I've been parking over by those bars by the Dynamo stadium. (close to Lucky's, Warehouse Live)

Not a bad walk, and Friday it was $10. Tuesday for ring night it was $20.
ClickClack
AG
parking panda

Paid like $10-$15 even during the playoffs and world series, and it was about a 10-min walk. There are plenty of lots available closer to MMP. Go online to reserve before you leave.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.