What was your favorite Post Season moment?

2,366 Views | 29 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by 1208HawkTree
Philip J Fry
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Besides the last out of game 7, that is.

Rewatched the Yankees series tonight and I think my absolute favorite moment was the view of the Astros bullpen reacting to Correa's double in the bottom of the ninth to score Altuve. Loved seeing the catcher climb over the bench waving his arms.
exp
AG
I just rewatched WS game 2. That game was unbelievable.

But the walk off winner in game 5 is definitely my favorite.
lead
Great thread.
Bregman and McCann play at the plate (ALCS).
DVC2010
AG
Same game: when Verlander came out of the dugout in the ninth.
bigjag19
AG
Verlander walking out of the dugout for the 9th was a true goosebumps moment for me.
AggieJ2002
AG
The Altuve 3 run shot to tie it in Game 5 for me. I was at such an emotional high after we tied it at 4 and then was crushed when the Dodgers immediately got 3 right back. Altuve's shot was one of the biggest swings of emotion I have had watching sports.
agsquirrel97
AG
impossible choice.

game 6 ALCS walk off was when I realized we would return to world series.

Game 5 WS walk off was perfect ending to most exciting game I have ever watched

so many plays at the plate that all seemed to go our way through entire playoffs.

G5 walk off if you hold a gun to my head.
byfLuger41
AG
Licking Yankee tears inside MMP after game 7.

Gramercy Riffs
AG
Impossible to pick a favorite moment, and this wouldn't be mine anyway, but I enjoyed Biggio's reactions to the HRs in Game 5.
Agnzona
The best overall moment. Correa jumping over the rail in game 5 running to home plate to signal to Fisher to slide (is that even legal?) then jumping for joy, the running towards firs to hug Bregman but he can't find him because he was already at 3rd..

My second favorite was Correas pop up home run were he had no clue it was out just before getting to first he jumped and fist pump to the dugout. I don't even remember which game that was in 3 maybe.
titanmaster_race
Game 6 ALCS was the 7-1 drubbing, not a walk off. Are you thinking of Game 2 when Sanchez dropped the ball and altuve scored from 1st?
titanmaster_race
For me it's Yuli's 3 run HR off Kershaw that tied Game 5 at 4-4 in the 4th inning. Prior to that everyone in the ballpark had not a lot to cheer for. I never thought the Astros were out of it, but it did not look good with the Dodgers ace on the mound who dominated the lineup in Game 1. That homerun told everyone that this game was far, far from over.

Also, I love Yuli's nonchalant reaction to the bomb.
Mookie
AG
Mccullers' 24th straight curve ball.
Ag_07
AG
That one time Aaron Judge struck out.

Oh wait...
Frok
AG
1) Springer Dinger in game 7
2) Springer Dinger in game 5
3) Springer Dinger in game 2
SquirrellyDan
AG
I think it's Bregman's walk off at the end of game 5. The replays of his and Correa's faces were absolutely priceless....looked liked 2 kids who had just hit a Little League WS walk-off. Even McCann looked like a kid.
W
AG
ALCS Game 2...when Altuve scored all the way from first base on Correa's double to right field to win the game...and Sanchez dropped the throw. MLB network did almost 30 minutes on that play, because there were so many things happening in that very short span.

also the ALDS Game 4 in Boston. The last 2 innings featured terrific clutch hitting in the misty drizzle. That game was arguably Reddick's and Beltran's biggest contributions to the postseason run. Giles also survived the 9th
TexAg91
AG
Agnzona said:

My second favorite was Correas pop up home run were he had no clue it was out just before getting to first he jumped and fist pump to the dugout. I don't even remember which game that was in 3 maybe.

WS game 5 at MM
diehard03
Max Scherzer on the hill as the Nationals National'd up Game 5. Bryce Harper striking out to end the game.
Boiling Denim
Farmer1906
AG
Marwin's home run in the 9th might be mine.

Springer's 2 run shot is up there too.

For games I attended, I would have to go with Altuve launching his 3rd home run.

But I saw Verlander pitch twice so that was pretty neat too.
Farmer1906
AG
titanmaster_race said:

For me it's Yuli's 3 run HR off Kershaw that tied Game 5 at 4-4 in the 4th inning. Prior to that everyone in the ballpark had not a lot to cheer for. I never thought the Astros were out of it, but it did not look good with the Dodgers ace on the mound who dominated the lineup in Game 1. That homerun told everyone that this game was far, far from over.

Also, I love Yuli's nonchalant reaction to the bomb.
Strong
tjack16
AG
The games I was at:

ALDS Game 2: Correa 1st inning homerun got the crowd going crazy

ALCS Game 6: Springer catch against the wall to possibly save the entire postseason run.

Other games:

ALDS Game 4: Bregman homerun off of Sale to tie the game

ALCS Game 2: walk off win

World Series: the game 2 comeback win, it seemed like it was going to be another 4-1 type of loss. As well as all of the game 5 homeruns

WES2006AG
AG
Reading through this thread is a great reminder of all the clutch moments the Stros had on their run. We needed a lot of magic and got it all.
byfLuger41
AG
Frok said:

1) Springer Dinger in game 7
2) Springer Dinger in game 5
3) Springer Dinger in game 2

This post reminded of Jim Gaffigan's KFC commercial:

diehard03
Quote:

Reading through this thread is a great reminder of all the clutch moments the Stros has on their run. We needed a lot of magic and got it all.

That's what makes the championships special...seeing all the moments where it could have gone sideways, but didn't.
agsquirrel97
AG
titanmaster_race said:

Game 6 ALCS was the 7-1 drubbing, not a walk off. Are you thinking of Game 2 when Sanchez dropped the ball and altuve scored from 1st?
That's the one, after the Aggie/Florida football game
Mathguy64
AG
WS Game 5. Without a doubt the entirety of Game 5. We won it in Game 7 but Game 5 may be the most amazing game I have ever seen. What was billed as an amazing pitching matchup with keuchel and Kershaw that got blown up immediately. Coming back against Kershaw not once but twice from big deficits. The massive Hrs by Yuli, Jose and George. Then the lob wedge by Correa and what should have been the coup de grace McCannon knock. The Dodgers comeback in the 9th. The Bregs game winner in extra innings.

That game had it all. Including my ticket to Antartica.
03_Aggie
You da real MVP
agfan1030
Can't pick just one. It was amazing....the whole dang thing!!!!!
1208HawkTree
AG
Not seeing Giles anywhere near the bullpen mound the last two games.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.