***OFFICIAL WORLD SERIES THREAD***

24,490 Views | 318 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Pahdz
dshedd41
How long do you want to ignore this user?
dshedd41
S
http://m.mlb.com/postseason-schedule
Gig’em Aggies!
Sid Farkas
AG
Astros sweep. Season is over on Saturday nite
astros4545
AG
I look forward to continuing discussion on the Astros thread
MaroonStain
AG
Sid Farkas said:

Bookmarking.
titanmaster_race
MaroonStain said:

Sid Farkas said:

Bookmarking.

You're a fun person.
MaroonStain
AG
Dodger fan here.
Bobby Jimbo
AG
MaroonStain said:

Dodger fan here.
Big Shooter
Staff
AG
MaroonStain said:

Dodger fan here.
With you brother! #ThisTeam
MaroonStain
AG
Cory Seager is on the Active list.
Big Shooter
Staff
AG
So the team that just beat the defending world champions in five games are getting their best all-around player back for the World Series??? I'll take it!!!
MaroonStain
AG
Hmmm...'best all around player' is a stretch but I like your enthusiasm.
astros4545
AG
First match up of 100plus regular season win teams since 1972?!?!?!

I think I heard that amazing stat, pretty cool

Should be a great 4 game sweep for Houston to beat such a great team
MaroonStain
AG
See Dodger, see what you did!?! You are stoking the Houplah machine. Htine don't go for just series wins, they sweeping.
Big Shooter
Staff
AG
Crazy for either side to think they are going to sweep... These two teams match-up so well, it's hard to tell who is going to win each game, let alone the series. Fully anticipate 6 or 7 really fun games to watch!
Big Shooter
Staff
AG
MaroonStain said:

Hmmm...'best all around player' is a stretch but I like your enthusiasm.
I would say Corey is our best all around player, and will be going forward. I don't mean to discount the work that either Cody or JT have put in this year, but Seager is the future. His defense is better than both Cody and JT, that's why I would say he's our best all around player.

We get to see the top two young shortstops in the game play each other this week. I do think Correa would hold the top spot over Seager, but this World Series could go a long way in determining who truly is better. Both unbelievable talents that I wouldn't mind building a franchise around.
mazag08
AG
Good luck Dodger fans.
MaroonStain
AG
Same to Astros fans. Will be a good Series.
Gigemags382
AG
The line I'm seeing has Dodgers -185 and 7 O/U.

That seems far more in favor of the Dodgers than I would have expected given Kershaw's postseason history and that he's already given up 6 HRs and 3.63 ERA to Keuchel's 0 HRs and 2.60 ERA this postseason.

Obviously must be impacted by the Astros' performance in NY. Vegas is usually right, so Game 1 is probably 5-2 or 4-3 to the Dodgers, but I would have expected the line to be more in the -140 range or -160 at the highest.
agsquirrel97
AG
Congrats to Ross Stripling for making a WS roster. Two years in a row with an Aggie in the World Series.

BTHOla
MaroonStain
AG
Vegas may be looking to leverage this game with likelihood that they will bank on Games 2-6. Kershaw's 6HRs are the only runs and possibly base runners (with few walks) allowed plus he has had run support. Astros didn't fare well in the Bronx and are having bullpen issues. They have also played more in last two weeks.
diehard03
Quote:

That seems far more in favor of the Dodgers than I would have expected given Kershaw's postseason history and that he's already given up 6 HRs and 3.63 ERA to Keuchel's 0 HRs and 2.60 ERA this postseason.

It will interesting to see if Roberts lets Kershaw go to the 3rd time through the order with how their bullpen is right now.

He blows up there.
Big Shooter
Staff
AG
Probably a combination of the Dodger bullpen being so hot, the Astros lacking a strong pen other than Giles and the offensive woes from the first 5 games of the ALCS.

The matchup to watch has to be Houston's offense against LA's bullpen. Houston seems to have broken out of their rut and I think the starting pitching on each side cancels out. I think Kershaw becomes a non-factor. Honestly, there are 4 aces in this series with Kershaw and Darvish against Verlander and Keuchel. LA's 3&4 starts are definitely a little better than McCullers and Morton, but it's hard to overlook their performances in Game 7.

I just cannot get over how evenly matched these two clubs are. We really are in for an amazing World Series.
AggieJ2002
AG
Vegas line cannot be used for this series due to heavy betting on the Dodgers from LA fans in Vegas ... Dodgers are slight favorites but nowhere near the favorite that the line implicates ... the books have already come out and stated this to be the case and have stated they expect some value bettors to get in on the Astros late as a result
Ag_07
AG
DodgerAg32 said:

The matchup to watch has to be Houston's offense against LA's bullpen.

I agree with this, but that matchup isn't as lopsided as some may think. Don't overlook what the Astros did to the Yankees BP.

That was supposed to be the big advantage for NY throughout that series and it ended up being the BP that gave up most of the runs. That owned Robertson, got to Khanle, and even roughed up Chapman late for a W.

Astros are very good late inning and very good against power pitches. They hit BPs well.

I also think the Astro lineup being very familiar with Darvish due to his time with the Rangers is a big advantage.
Sid Farkas
AG
I grew up an Astros fan. (Was an Inaugural-Year Astros Buddies club member).

But I've lived in LA for last +30 yrs. dodgers are in my blood. My dad listened to Vin Scully call Brooklyn Dodger game's on the radio in LA when he was in college (Brooklyn games were broadcast on LA radio the year before they moved West). My family has a personal connection to a present dodger player whom we watched play little league thru HS...

All that said: I want the Stros to win it all. Bad. In convincing fashion

MaroonStain
AG
I am also eager to see the TV ratings for tonight's game. Cali team versus Texas team, both in World Series droughts, etc, etc.
diehard03
Quote:

I agree with this, but that matchup isn't as lopsided as some may think. Don't overlook what the Astros did to the Yankees BP.

That was supposed to be the big advantage for NY throughout that series and it ended up being the BP that gave up most of the runs. That owned Robertson, got to Khanle, and even roughed up Chapman late for a W.

Astros are very good late inning and very good against power pitches. They hit BPs well.

it's small sample size at this stage. WS are sometimes won and lost on whether your bottom of the order guys get hits in high leverage situations. Sometimes mistakes happen to the wrong guys in the wrong moments.

it will be awesome. That's for sure.

I really want to see what Jansen will do with these hitters.
LaTex
And here we go. Let's go Astros!
Big Shooter
Staff
AG
CT3! FIRST PITCH JIMMY JACK!!!
bigcat22
AG
Any sign of Marlins Man?
BulldogAg
AG
wisdom
AG
Can anyone help with info on how to stream audio ...play-by-play over the Internet?
Thanks in advance.
Big Shooter
Staff
AG
MLB at bat afters radio streams from both teams usually. Not sure if it's a free feature or not. Video should be available on FoxSportsGo. Hope that helps.
Mucho austin
AG
Whoop

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.