Astros on iPhone/ipad

786 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by bobinator
AustinCountyAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
How do I watch them? I have DIRECTV but when I open the app and find the game it says not available? Any tips?
AustinCountyAg
I can't seem to find the channel anywhere on my directv app. I pay the regional sports network fee on my bill. Is the root sports channel even extra on top of that?
jdubd34
AG
I don't believe they have a streaming option, even for a tv subscriber
htownag08
AG
If you have DirectTv with root you can watch on the MLB At Bat app as long as you are within their territory.
AustinCountyAg
htownag08 said:

If you have DirectTv with root you can watch on the MLB At Bat app as long as you are within their territory.

Even trying this when I open my MLB app it says I need to pay for the streaming. I haven't found a place to login with exsisting service provider
bobinator
AG
You have to make sure your location services are on so the At Bat app knows you're inside the Astros viewing area, then you should see a box when you scroll down just a bit that says "watch live on root sports" and when you click it you'll be taken to a log in page.

Best I can tell the box is only there during the game, so you'll have to wait until tonight about 30 minutes before the game and then you'll be able to do it.
bobinator
AG
If your location services are on and the game is happening (or less than 30 minutes from starting) and you don't see the box, then you probably need to update the At Bat app.
htxag09
htxag09
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

htownag08 said:

Even trying this when I open my MLB app it says I need to pay for the streaming. I haven't found a place to login with exsisting service provider
As said above, make sure your location services on. Also, when you open the app it should give you an option to log in as an existing user or to continue as a guest (or something along those lines). Continue as a guest, or the trial, or whatever it's called. Then when you go to the Astros page you'll see a link for streaming games if you have Root Sports. Click on it and that's when it'll prompt you to log in with your DirectTV credentials.
bobinator
AG
Did it work?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.