**Official Texas Rangers 2017 Season Thread** Staff Warning on OP

1,016,950 Views | 12008 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AgBQ-00
Mr Gigem
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Let's get this thing started, shall we?

Time to make the journey back to the playoffs. Feel pretty good with the pieces we have going into Spring Training this year.

Looking forward to sharing yet another season with y'all!

Go Rangers!!

EDIT: in case anyone is new here, I am an Account Executive in the sales office. I handle season tickets, groups, and nightly suite rentals. If there is ever anything I can help with, please let me know. Best way to reach is via email at j chance @ texasrangers.com.

EDIT 2: The coupon code is ready to use for the upcoming season. This year's code is texags17. Same process as last year. Just follow the normal buying process. Before you select your seats, enter the coupon and all the prices will update for you. Then complete the process. Let me know if you have any issues. Thanks!

4-4-17

[This is a thread for Texas Rangers fans. Fans of other teams that decided to make Rivalries Forum posts will get a 30 day ban. Minimum. Keep in mind that we decide if it is a post that warrants a ban, not you. There is the warning. - Staff (Moderator that gave this warning is a life long Astros fan. ]
DallasAg 94
AccidentProne said:

Let's get this thing started, shall we?

Time to make the journey back to the playoffs. Feel pretty good with the pieces we have going into Spring Training this year.

Looking forward to sharing yet another season with y'all!

Go Rangers!!
5 stars on each side of the title. "Official" designated in title.

We're good to go.

Great post. Would read again.
Mozart Paintings
AG
In. Let's go!!
Mozart Paintings
AG
Where's our discount code AP?
Cappo
Grapesoda2525
Continuing the conversation from the other thread......... I think the Rangers TV broadcasting crew has been pretty bad since josh lewin left.
DallasAg 94
grapespda2525 said:

Continuing the conversation from the other thread......... I think the Rangers TV broadcasting crew has been pretty bad since josh lewin left.
Josh Lewin. Ugh. When the broadcaster thinks HE is the entertainment everyone has tuned into.
Grapesoda2525
I didn't say he was great, but he's definitely better than Barnett, rhadigan, and busby who have all been pretty bad. With rhadigan being the worst I've ever seen.
DallasAg 94
grapespda2525 said:

I didn't say he was great, but he's definitely better than Barnett, rhadigan, and busby who have all been pretty bad. With rhadigan being the worst I've ever seen.
I actually liked Busby. Not necessarily as a PBP guy, but for color.
Mr Gigem
AG
I drove bus said:

Where's our discount code AP?
Still a little early for that. I'll update the OP once it's ready
DallasAg 94 said:

grapespda2525 said:

Josh Lewin. Ugh. When the broadcaster thinks HE is the entertainment everyone has tuned into.

2000-2003; 2005-2009, he was the only entertainment.
agent-maroon
AG
In
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
DallasAg 94
1 said:

DallasAg 94 said:

grapespda2525 said:

2000-2003; 2005-2009, he was the only entertainment.
There were some terrible seasons, and he certainly carried his share of the entertaining value making some of those games tolerable.

Maybe the games were so bad I forgot there was a game on...
TXAggie2011
AG
Lewin has far and away been the best the Rangers have had on TV as far back as I can remember.

Very knowledgeable, gave you great energy, and gave a clear and descriptive call.
TXAggie2011
AG
Busby doesn't need to be in the booth as long as Grieve is there, or vice versa.

There is only so much fairly monotone old boys club stories and strangely not always that insightful instructional sessions that need to be in a television booth at a time.

Busby also needed to learn to analyze as much of the rest of the game as he spent trying to teach his viewers how to throw a circle-changeup.
TXAggie2011
AG
C.J. Nitkowski will add some valuable energy while also bringing the insight.

Much better storyteller than Busby (and Grieve).

They say he'll be around for about 100 games.
Grapesoda2525
I'm glad Jim Knox is finally gone. I'd just pause and go to the restroom when that guy was on and I boycotted Rangers live because of his stupid crowd segment.
TV Casualty
AG
I can't stand Raymond.

The Rangers should have just promoted Victor Rojas to TV when they had the chance.
mhayden
It's not even that i can't stand Raymond -- it's like he's not even there... Rangers hit a walk-off single and Raymond described it with zero inflection, matter-of-factly... A casual listener wouldn't have been able to discern that hit from a 2nd inning 2-out single with nobody on.

Now compare that to this:

https://vimeo.com/6733651

Even crazier to think that, at the time, that was probably one of the biggest wins in franchise history. (laugh emoji)
PacifistAg
AG
All this talk of who is in the booth makes me remember how much I miss Josh Lewin.
KT 90
AG
TXAggie2011 said:

Busby doesn't need to be in the booth as long as Grieve is there, or vice versa.

I agree with this. I don't mind Busby or Grieve, but both together isn't the best combo. They are both former players, so they could use a smooth talking play by play guy as their partner to keep things moving.

Quincey P. Morris
AG
Saw that Napoli is expected to be announced tomorrow. Also saw an article where a guy was trying to argue him batting in the 8 hole. Not too sure about that one.
AgBQ-00
AG
Lets get this season going!!
rwhitlock3
AG
Every year, there is a certain darkness that hovers over my world as the National Championship draws to a close because I know from about the middle of January until March, there is nothing really of value on TV sports-wise outside of the Super Bowl. During the offseason this year, I got married (2/4/17--- no chance of that falling on any Aggie football weekend or important Rangers series). One of the first things my wife and I decided to do with some of our wedding money was to buy a mini game plan for the Rangers. She is definitely a keeper as this was her idea. 10 games with a chance at Opening Day tickets (which I have not been to in 7 years) and a bonus 12th game. Safe to say I am very excited for this season and hope the Rangers can bring home that elusive World Series title this year!
Mr Gigem
AG
rwhitlock3 said:

Every year, there is a certain darkness that hovers over my world as the National Championship draws to a close because I know from about the middle of January until March, there is nothing really of value on TV sports-wise outside of the Super Bowl. During the offseason this year, I got married (2/4/17--- no chance of that falling on any Aggie football weekend or important Rangers series). One of the first things my wife and I decided to do with some of our wedding money was to buy a mini game plan for the Rangers. She is definitely a keeper as this was her idea. 10 games with a chance at Opening Day tickets (which I have not been to in 7 years) and a bonus 12th game. Safe to say I am very excited for this season and hope the Rangers can bring home that elusive World Series title this year!

You know I'm a sales rep with the Rangers, right?! Guess I'm not eating this month

FYI, when you buy a 10-game plan, you don't "get a chance" at Opening Day tickets. You DO get Opening Day for FREE included in your plan.

Rookies
Mr Gigem
AG
Crisis averted...for now

Better renew next year
rwhitlock3
AG
haha, I know better now. Thanks for the help!
AgBQ-00
AG
Question about roster moves etc. I saw that prince was put on the 60 day dl. Why is he even still taking up roster space that necessitates this move?
Quincey P. Morris
AG
He's not actually retired so he can get paid. He has to be on the 40 man in the offseason for the rest of his contract for the Rangers to get the insurance payments to recover some of the cost.
DallasAg 94
rwhitlock3 said:

Congrats on the Season Tickets!

Oh... and congrats on the wedding.
DallasAg 94
AgBQ-00 said:

Question about roster moves etc. I saw that prince was put on the 60 day dl. Why is he even still taking up roster space that necessitates this move?
JD covered this some time back. It is something he has lobbied to get rid of, but has been unsuccessful.

I believe the reason they have to carry the player is to prevent clubs from just dumping players with the medical reason. The Rangers get <some> insurance money for Fielder, so technically, they are still paying him. They can buy out his contract, but for now... he is still a paid roster player.

MLB allows players to be put on a 60DL (removing them from the 40), in order to allow 40 players. The Rangers had like 9 players on the 60DL a few years back, so not having them them, would have provided a roster of only 31 players, with 25 Active. The 15DL affects the 40, but helps on the 25.

Once the season ends... the 60DL (and 15?) goes away (because it isn't like the teams need the DL. So, they go on the 40. Prince and Deikman were both on the 40 man roster during the offseason. Now that they are on the 60, all it good.

The major issue is during the offseason.

Not sure if that helps, but it is my understanding.
mhayden
I think part of the thought was Texas would be able to re-negotiate part of the contract in order to get Prince off the 40-man, but with insurance being such a key reason this was just a bad contract instead of a franchise-disabling contract that they haven't gone into it yet.

It probably helps that by all accounts he's a well liked guy that has a lot of game knowledge so having him around is still a plus for the team.
KT 90
AG
Couldn't remember so just looked it up, Fielder's contract runs through the 2020 season. So 2017 season plus three more after that. The actual money is being paid between the Rangers/Tigers/insurance.

rwhitlock3
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

rwhitlock3 said:

Quote:

Congrats on the Season Tickets!

Oh... and congrats on the wedding.

Thank you! On both accounts... haha!
AgBQ-00
AG
I figured it was something along those lines. I hope they have a role for him to help the club since he is technically still on the team.
Last Page
Page 1 of 344

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.