Yordano Ventura

1,862 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by agracer
Ag2012
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Passed away following a car wreck today in the Dominican Republic. He was 25.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Andy Marte as well in a separate accident in the Dominican.
CrawlingNo5
AG
What a punch to the gut. How that guy could throw it so hard yet didn't weigh much more than a 100lbs soaking wet amazed me. MLB has lost a lot of young talent lately
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Friend just told me both were under the influence.
Cooter00
Driving in the DR is pretty crazy.
Driving at night in the DR is insane.
Drinking and driving at night in the DR is suicidal.
PacifistAg
agracer
AG
Quote:

The factors that led to the crash are still unclear, but a basic sketch emerged on Sunday afternoon. Ventura was not wearing his seat belt and was thrown from his white Jeep after losing control on a mountainous stretch of highway, Moore said. He was apparently driving through a thick fog when his tires went off the road and an overcorrection resulted in a rollover and his car resting on its side on the side of the road, according to Moore and eye-witness photographs.
Alcohol not ruled out, but no sign's it was a factor yet.

Don't understand why people STILL drive and don't wear their seat belts. I know of a family where 3 of 4 died in a rollover, single car accident. The one who lived was wearing a seat belt.
titanmaster_race
Car hardly even looks like it was in an accident.

Wouldn't be hard to believe he would have survived if he'd buckled up.
agracer
AG
Looters left Ventura to die...

Tweets from Pedro Martinez
Quote:

Here is the translation, according to Google Translate:
Quote:

"How outrageous to know that a life like Yordano's could have been saved had it not been that they looted him the way he was looted."
"Now it is more painful to know that Yordano remained alive after the accident and instead of someone to help him, they robbed him and let him die."
"I hope an investigation will be carried out, because if there is any specific evidence of this, I would feel a great deal of shame for my country."

this is all unconfirmed.
agracer
AG
The looter story is not true.

Article in the KC Star about the last year of his life.

I haven't gotten all the way through it, but he had a pretty turbulent life.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/mlb/kansas-city-royals/article133099124.html

Quote:

Ascending into the clouds, abruptly spiraling downward and weaving through cratered flood plains, the 30-mile road from San Jos de Ocoa to Juan Adrin is widely known to be treacherous.
A local will tell you that 50 people have died in the last year on the new second half of the route from Rancho Arriba, a number at which authorities scoff even while acknowledging the death toll rises routinely.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.