The Cooper Flagg watch thread

1,919 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Aggie Dad 26
Aggie Dad 26
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone else think this guy has the potential to be a super star at the ultimate level? Larry Bird2.0

Some think he will be a 1 and done. Playing for Duke this year, should be interesting
Deluxe
AG
I think he would have been the 1.01 in this year's draft even if ATL had to wait a year while he plays at Duke.

Possibly the best sub-7 foot prospect in the last decade.

Hoping the Clippers implode this year so the Thunder can get him with their swap.
Aggie Dad 26
Deluxe said:

I think he would have been the 1.01 in this year's draft even if ATL had to wait a year while he plays at Duke.

Possibly the best sub-7 foot prospect in the last decade.

Hoping the Clippers implode this year so the Thunder can get him with their swap.

Whoa... I was really high on Doncic and would have tagged him with that title when he was being scouted for his draft. I will give you this, I think Flagg is the best prospect since Doncic though.

Seems like top tier, elite, talent is becoming more and more commom compared to years past.
Guitarsoup
AG
Poop For Coop
MookieBlaylock
AG
This thread is racist
jteagle
AG
You can have Flagg. Give me Ace Bailey.
M.C. Swag
AG
Aggie Class of 2026 said:

Anyone else think this guy has the potential to be a super star at the ultimate level? Larry Bird2.0

Some think he will be a 1 and done. Playing for Duke this year, should be interesting
He'll 100% be 1 and done, but not sure his ceiling is high enough (yet) for 'best in the league'. I think right now his star comp is a Jayson Tatum-eque star (very very good, not quite elite).
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Only skimmed through this and yes, he's for sure an elite prospect. However, he's nothing like Larry Bird, nothing like Luka - other than skin complexion. I think the Tatum with better defense and more athleticism is a good player comp. Would also say the last "generational" prospect was Zion. Would also say that it wouldn't surprise me if Ace jumped him in the rankings in the next 10 months. Ace Bailey is so good.
Aggie Dad 26
M.C. Swag said:

He'll 100% be 1 and done, but not sure his ceiling is high enough (yet) for 'best in the league'. I think right now his star comp is a Jayson Tatum-eque star (very very good, not quite elite).

Man, I don't know. He's looking like he's got as high a ceiling as anyone right now. He's going to be a nice addition to Team USA. Made some great plays today
M.C. Swag
AG
Aggie Dad 26 said:

M.C. Swag said:

Man, I don't know. He's looking like he's got as high a ceiling as anyone right now. He's going to be a nice addition to Team USA. Made some great plays today

He'll be an impact defensive player from day 1 and will be a multi year DPOY candidate, but how high his ceiling is will be determined by his offense. He doesn't really have any dominant offensive skills. His handle is pretty average and his ability to create his own shot seems to come and go. He can make any pass a player is supposed to make, but he's not a Luka/Jokic level creator for others. He's far more dangerous in a transition offense than playing against a set defense. And his 3pt shot looks weird and he's not comfortable taking them.

Don't get me wrong, non of these things means he won't be GREAT, but to be the BEST IN THE WORLD with his current offensive "bag", he's gonna have to become the most physical post player in the league (a la Giannis or Shaq). If his offensive skill improves, then the sky is the limit. But right now he's basically a rich man's Pascal Siakam or a poor man's KG.
Aggie Dad 26
M.C. Swag said:

Aggie Dad 26 said:

M.C. Swag said:

He'll be an impact defensive player from day 1 and will be a multi year DPOY candidate, but how high his ceiling is will be determined by his offense. He doesn't really have any dominant offensive skills. His handle is pretty average and his ability to create his own shot seems to come and go. He can make any pass a player is supposed to make, but he's not a Luka/Jokic level creator for others. He's far more dangerous in a transition offense than playing against a set defense. And his 3pt shot looks weird and he's not comfortable taking them.

Don't get me wrong, non of these things means he won't be GREAT, but to be the BEST IN THE WORLD with his current offensive "bag", he's gonna have to become the most physical post player in the league (a la Giannis or Shaq). If his offensive skill improves, then the sky is the limit. But right now he's basically a rich man's Pascal Siakam or a poor man's KG.
The thing that stands out about him by far for me is his on court presence. When I first discovered him his film was from his JR year in HS. He played so calm and looked natural out there but I had assumed it was due to him being head and shoulders above the competition in every way at that level.

Today I saw him playing on the court with Anthony Davis, Lebron, Steph, and a bunch of the young talent from the NBA. Nothing about him changed. He's making the same plays and looks like he has been doing it his whole life. No emotion. He reminds me some of Jokic, in that way. Comes off as very level headed
MookieBlaylock
AG
would rather watch this kid than sorry old arse Lebron and KD,- Kawhi and AD- never seen a more unlikeable team
Aggie Dad 26
I saw Kevin Durants interview today. I didn't realize Cooper hadn't turned 18 yet.

Bananas!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.