2022 UIL State Basketball Tournament

899 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by fightinags2013
fightinags2013
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I usually put this in the A&M Basketball page and focus on Aggie commits... but seeing as we seem to be abandoning Texas High School recruiting in favor of the transfer portal, it seems appropriate to put it here.

Really big games start tonight all over the state. I'm in Dallas, so I follow the DFW high school hoops beat pretty carefully. Would love to hear from anyone in other parts of the state about who you think the best teams are.

I'll be in Garland tonight to see Richardson take on McKinney. Everyone up here knows about how great Richardson is with seniors Cason Wallace (Kentucky) & Rylan Griffen (Alabama). Both of their previous playoff games have sold out, but the Curtis Culwell Center is enormous, so I'm not expecting a sellout tonight. What some people don't know is how great McKinney's super Junior Jakobe Walter has been. While he struggles sometimes with shot selection, the kid is a monster and a top 25 player in the country in his class. I expect a good game tonight, especially if McKinney's depth helps them out. Guys like Alex Anameke (SMU), Jacovey Campbell, and Thatcher McClure need to have big games for McKinney to spring the upset.

Other big games in DFW:
Lake Highlands (32-4) vs. Arlington Martin (26-7), 7:00 Tuesday at Lancaster. Tre Johnson is a super sophomore & a fantastic scorer. He will have his hands full with Martin's Kordelius Jefferson who is poised to make a big jump this summer in rankings/offers. Jefferson does have an A&M offer & seems getable.

DeSoto (27-11) vs. Duncanville (30-1), 7:30 Tuesday at Ellis Davis Field House.
Duncanville is favored to win the state title again. Richardson is their only loss, but I think Duncanville is deeper across the board, even if Anthony Black stays ineligible. DeSoto pushed them in a previous matchup and Duncanville just avoided a huge upset vs Rockwall Heath last Friday. I look for them to bounce back tonight and for Ron Holland to have a huge game.

Killeen Ellison vs. Garland (24-1), 7:00 Tuesday at McLennan CC
Zuby Ejiofor is putting up monster numbers. This Kansas commit is the real deal. Go see this one if you live nearby.

For a full list of DFW teams, DMN has great coverage here: https://www.dallasnews.com/high-school-sports/basketball/2022/02/17/2022-uil-boys-basketball-bi-district-playoff-schedule-district-tiebreakers-for-dallas-area-teams/
West Texan
AG
McKinney with the upset over Richardson tonight. 5A #1 and defending champion Beaumont United survived a triple OT scare to advance.
fightinags2013
AG
https://www.uiltexas.org/basketball/state-boys

Matchups are set for the state tournament.

Beaumont U/Kimball not being the final game is a bit of a bummer for big fans.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.