How long does J Howard have at Michigan?

1,310 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by romanagg11
racerfink
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Seems he's used up all his goodwill after this latest incident.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
I wouldn't have done what he did, but I understand it. Suspension likely, maybe not dismissal. Could go either direction.

In the end, you obviously can't do that as the head coach. Gotta keep your cool.
PascalsWager
AG
They'll use this as a part of the story if he fails next year.

Or forget it if he succeeds.
NoahAg
A white coach would have been fired.
Let's go, Brandon!
BMX Bandit
NoahAg said:

Fake news
NoahAg
BMX Bandit said:

NoahAg said:

Fake news

College coach threw a punch. Buzz absolutely would have been fired before he left Reed Arena.
Let's go, Brandon!
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
NoahAg said:

BMX Bandit said:

NoahAg said:

Fake news

College coach threw a punch. Buzz absolutely would have been fired before he left Reed Arena.
Buzz should have been fired after going 2-8 in conference last year.
Iowaggie
AG
I think it is worthwhile for Michigan to review some practice films and talk to the players. If Howard is like this in public, I wonder what he's like on the practice floor. Is he Mike Rice or Gregg Marshall or was this a very unusual encounter.
The Porkchop Express
He went 42-17 in his first 2 years at Michigan. First year there wasn't a tournament because of COVID. Last year they made the regional finals. This year, 14-11, is on pace for their worst since a 16-16 record in 2015/16. Barring a big push in the big 10 tourney, I"m assuming they aren't making the Field of 64 (8-7 in conference currently). COVID year not included, Michigan's only missed the tournament entirely twice since 2009.

So basically, if they suck next year, he'll be too emotional to be a head coach and get fired.
If they are good next year, he'll be fiery and get a long-term deal as long as he doesn't swing at anyone else.
romanagg11
It's very unprofessional what he did regardless of how the game ended. You have to lead your team and OWN the losses! Violence should never be the reaction to any kind of competitive sport. This ain't the hood or street ball! IMO, he should be banned from ncaa coaching. Unacceptable. The other team's coach had his bench players and very inexperienced players so they called a timeout to regroup against a team that was playing a PRESS defense.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.