You pups won't believe this...

1,212 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by MGS
94chem
How long do you want to ignore this user?
But back in the day, the NBA actually had the best ASG of the big 3 sports.

If you don't believe me, look up Rolando Blackman in 1987.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Johnsy3
AG
I actually really enjoy the new format they've used the last few years. This year and 2020 were fantastic
94chem
Johnsy3 said:

I actually really enjoy the new format they've used the last few years. This year and 2020 were fantastic

The target score made for 3 good minutes of brick-laying and half-hearted defense, so that was good. But they used to actually play basketball during the game. There was a pretense of effort.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Johnsy3 said:

Same. The actual All-Star game itself has been great the past few years. It's literally the only saving grace for the All-Star Weekend as a whole because All-Star Saturday Night has become completely unwatchable.
Iowaggie
AG
Before I go and yell at the clouds, I also want to point out that there also used to be different dynamic within the teams as these All Stars were put on teams with rivals they had to go through to get to the NBA finals. The Celtics didn't like the young Pistons who were later hated by Jordan and the Bulls.

There was also a time when the players reward for making and playing in the ASG was something like a $25 savings bond.
MGS
94chem said:

But back in the day, the NBA actually had the best ASG of the big 3 sports.

If you don't believe me, look up Rolando Blackman in 1987.
Nope, MLB was still better.

Look up Bo Jackson in the '89 game.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.