Irving & Durant do not see Nash as Head Coach but rather an equal

4,078 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Head Ninja In Charge
ColoradoMooseHerd
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This is going to end well

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30018058/see-brooklyn-nets-having-head-coach
hph6203
AG
Have a hard time imagining anyone willingly subjecting themself to Kevin Durant's podcast.
amercer
AG
Nash should probably opt out at this point. I get why he jumped at the chance to skip a bunch of steps and take a head job, but there's usually a reason that an organization has to do that, and it's not usually a positive one.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
This is going to end spectacularly.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
the nets could have the 92 dream team as their lineup and they'd still suck.
PatAg
AG
ColoradoMooseHerd said:

This is going to end well

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30018058/see-brooklyn-nets-having-head-coach
Holy ****, that article reads like a nightmare scenario for a coach
GrayMatter
AG
Im sure Kyrie and KD feel that way because they have rings while Nash doesn't have one. I'm going to echo what everyone else is saying that this a train wreck that has already happened before the train even makes it on the track.

If PG is traded to NJ (as rumored), it is for sure going to be one hell of a circus come next season.

There's very few coaches that could handle that many egos on a team and one of them just got hired by the 76'ers.
Slamn Sharpe
Head Ninja In Charge said:

This is going to end spectacularly.

My thoughts exactly. Good luck with being bros with Kyrie
ColoradoMooseHerd
And with Kyrie continuing to say his stupid comments through the playoffs and taking side shots at LeBron when possibly. It will not take long for media to start questioning Kyrie and for blame to start going his way if they are not a contender day 1.

Personally I fell Kyrie and Durant are the epitome of the millennial stereotype and they are both very selfish individuals that see themselves without fault.

Nash is doomed
Enzo The Baker
AG
Dantoni and Udoka will join the Nets bench. Those are great hires. Bet the nets had to shell out some serious money for those two.
ATM9000
AG
I mean... I get the sentiment of why people think this is a crazy mentality... BUT none of these superstars think they are under a coach in the chain of command. In fact, you've got all sorts of example last thru the years where a superstar got a coach canned so in reality a coach isn't the top chain of command in the NBA.

Other words, sounds like those guys are just speaking the truth about the reality of the situation and being nice about it if anything.
ColoradoMooseHerd
Now with Mike D'Antoni as an assistant not sure if that is good for Nash or not. D'Antoni might be taking over soon
Iowaggie
AG
Iowaggie
AG
ColoradoMooseHerd
Iowaggie said:

Well this tweet came to life
Saint Pablo
I hope the Nets trade Kyrie. Harden and KD look good together.
ColoradoMooseHerd
And again with Kyrie's interview yesterday. It seems he really needs to feel or broadcast a perception that he is highly intelligent or deeper than other people. But the more he talks the more obvious it is that they opposite is true. He wants to control the narrative and is struggling with the fact he cannot.

I also think there is some mental health issues going on here but not sure it is Antonio Brown territory or not
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
ColoradoMooseHerd said:

And again with Kyrie's interview yesterday. It seems he really needs to feel or broadcast a perception that he is highly intelligent or deeper than other people. But the more he talks the more obvious it is that they opposite is true. He wants to control the narrative and is struggling with the fact he cannot.

I also think there is some mental health issues going on here but not sure it is Antonio Brown territory or not
Not Antonio Brown territory at all. This is Royce White territory.
ColoradoMooseHerd

ColoradoMooseHerd said:

White had a fear of Flying, what would Kyrie fear? Science?
Saint Pablo
ColoradoMooseHerd said:

ColoradoMooseHerd said:

White had a fear of Flying, what would Kyrie fear? Science?
Boating. He doesn't want to fall off the edge of the earth.
Iowaggie
AG
I wonder how typical last night will be for the NETS.

ESPN boasted of how all 3 had great stat lines, including a triple double for Mr. Rocket.

They got all highlight coverage, but Cleveland won the game.
Harry Dunne
ColoradoMooseHerd said:

Yes...and although Nash is obviously an intelligent guy, he has a little bit of the same M.O. where he is trying a little too hard to be a combination of Phil Jackson and Bodhi from Point Break.

He made a realy dewshy comment after last night's loss (after making several excuses for the loss) about "making beautiful basketball together and forgetting about the minutiae". Yeah that's groovy Steve, but winning is not minutiae and in Houston we can tell you from experience that no one GAF about all the beautiful regular season wins if you can't get it done in the playoffs.

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Iowaggie said:

I wonder how typical last night will be for the NETS.

ESPN boasted of how all 3 had great stat lines, including a triple double for Mr. Rocket.

They got all highlight coverage, but Cleveland won the game.
And the two guys they dealt to get Harden were nails in that game.
Taurean Prince scored 17 with 7 rebounds, 4 assists, a block and a steal.
Jarrett Allen had 12 points, 11 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal and 4 blocks.

The Nets' window is right now, but the Cavs have gotten extremely interesting all of a sudden. They only won 19 games last year, they're already 7-7 this year despite extended injuries to Kevin Love and Darius Garland.

On their roster right now they have:

28-year-old Larry Nance
27-year-old Andre Drummond
22-year-old Collin Sexton
20-year-old Isaac Okoro
21-year-old Darius Garland
26-year-old Taurean Prince
22-year-old Jarrett Allen

They can gel that together, they're going to be really good in a couple of years.

ColoradoMooseHerd
Last night the three had incredible stat lines but needed overtime to beat the Hawks.
ColoradoMooseHerd
Record vs Teams over .500.
7-1

Record vs Teams under .500.
7-11
Saint Pablo
Interesting. They kinda got hosed by COVID protocol this week w KD
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Seems like the national media tonight is finalizing realizing James Harden is an elite passer. Just goes to show that nobody ever pays attention to Houston sports. Even the few times when we win it all.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.