What is your prediction for what happens to the 2019-20 NBA season?

2,269 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Bunk Moreland
Iowaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I know there is a lot to go on still nationwide, but since there aren't a ton of games to discuss... what do you think will happen to the 2019-20 season?

A - It's cancelled. (Like the 1994 MLB strike, no champion)

B - Remainder of regular season cancelled. On to playoffs upon return.

C - Remainder of regular season played and playoffs played under a compressed schedule that goes into August. Pushing NBA free agency and the draft back, and possibly pusing the start back to the next season at least a month?

My guess is that when it has been "safe" to return to activity the league will get want to recover as much $ as possible. If this drags into June, I think they do B. If this is resolved in April or May, I'm guessing C.

True Anomaly
AG
Iowaggie said:

I know there is a lot to go on still nationwide, but since there aren't a ton of games to discuss... what do you think will happen to the 2019-20 season?

A - It's cancelled. (Like the 1994 MLB strike, no champion)

B - Remainder of regular season cancelled. On to playoffs upon return.

C - Remainder of regular season played and playoffs played under a compressed schedule that goes into August. Pushing NBA free agency and the draft back, and possibly pusing the start back to the next season at least a month?

My guess is that when it has been "safe" to return to activity the league will get want to recover as much $ as possible. If this drags into June, I think they do B. If this is resolved in April or May, I'm guessing C.

I think they do B for sure....unless this drags on until July/August, at which point I think they go option A. I don't think C is an option
Enzo The Baker
AG
I would guess something closer to C. Teams have to play the same number of games in the regular season. B would be completely unfair.
Texas A&M
They may use this as the impetus to shift the start of the season to December.

On the plus side if everything gets cancelled for this year.... the Spurs playoff streak will still be alive.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Texas A&M said:

They may use this as the impetus to shift the start of the season to December.

On the plus side if everything gets cancelled for this year.... the Spurs playoff streak will still be alive.

As would the Warriors' Finals streak. Likely to extend next year.
Cedar09
Out of the 500 players in the NBA three have tested positive. That seems like a very high percentage! I wonder how accurate the test are.
Bunk Moreland
Cedar09 said:

Out of the 500 players in the NBA three have tested positive. That seems like a very high percentage! I wonder how accurate the test are.

2 of the 3 are teammates who had close contact and the other is the guy who defended the original source all night long trading sweat and more.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.