7th in FIBA?!?!?!?

2,631 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by NoahAg
JDL 96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What is with these dudes? Do they just not care? Trying to make us look bad? Trying to give us the middle finger? Is this their version of taking a knee during the National Anthem?
Seriously ....
AnScAggie
AG
Serves Pop right, he's a piece of crap.
. . .
Pop: Team USA critics are 'immature, arrogant'

"Some people want to play the blame game. There's no blame to be placed anywhere," Popovich said. "They want to play the shame game, like we should be ashamed because we didn't win a gold medal? That's a ridiculous attitude. It's immature, it's arrogant, and it shows that whoever thinks that doesn't respect all the other teams in the world and doesn't respect that these guys did the best they could."

"Their effort was fantastic. They allowed us to coach them," Popovich said of his team. "You give people credit for what they did, and that's it. But it's not a blame and shame game. That's ridiculous."

After the team flies home Sunday, the players and coaches will return to focus on their NBA teams. But the clock is already ticking on USA Basketball. The Tokyo Olympics are in July, and significant changes to the roster are likely.

"This isn't really the time to even think about that," Popovich said of the Olympics. "It's 10 months away."
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
Pop is doing his best to look like he's more suited to joining the homeless encampments in Austin, than he is to being a basketball coach.
Mike Elko
AG
AnScAggie said:

Mavs or Rockets fan? Pobrecito.
PatAg
AG
AustinAg2012 said:

AnScAggie said:

Most Mavs fans I know respect Pop.
WES2006AG
AG
PatAg said:

AustinAg2012 said:

AnScAggie said:

Most Mavs fans I know respect Pop.
Same for most of the Rockets fans I know. We hate the team from the trash city of San Antonio but have to respect what Pop has done in the game.
Isaih Smollett
No one would know it since all the games were early in the morning on some obscure channel
amercer
AG
I think it's a good thing for the game that when we send our C team, they don't beat the rest of the world. I don't think there is any question Pop could have coached the best US roster to a championship.
NoahAg
amercer said:

I think it's a good thing for the game that when we send our C team, they don't beat the rest of the world. I don't think there is any question Pop could have coached the best US roster to a championship.
So could I.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.