So let's not do the draft anymore...

1,892 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Iowaggie
Carlo4
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/page/NBADraftplayerspotlight26972005/let-zion-williamson-choose-where-wants-play-next

So we should basically ditch the draft format to let players pick where they feel most comfortable as well as avoid the feeling that they are "controlled' by "owners".

Players pick their teams. Teams also pick the players they want. He uses the precedent of that doctors and universities do this with each other.

What say you? I could have fun and post this on the politics board, but leaving it here to actually see the discussion.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
1. Dumb.
2. The whole article leads with and then ignores that the top indicator for player unhappiness/anxiety according to the study is social media.
3. Comparing it to the "real" world is a terrible comparison. Most jobs don't have a hard employee cap of 15 spots with a minimum $800K salary where we can pick and choose which one to work for.
4. Just checked and of course Arnovitz is from Los Angeles.
Iowaggie
AG
Head Ninja In Charge said:

1. Dumb.
2. The whole article leads with and then ignores that the top indicator for player unhappiness/anxiety according to the study is social media.
3. Comparing it to the "real" world is a terrible comparison. Most jobs don't have a hard employee cap of 15 spots with a minimum $800K salary where we can pick and choose which one to work for.
4. Just checked and of course Arnovitz is from Los Angeles.

The only thing I'd change for the top 3 is for #1, I'd replace with "Clickbait".

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.