Kyrie Irving Done for the Year

1,831 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Sapper Redux
Saint Pablo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Rip the Celtics
Sapper Redux
Celtics have been 12-6 without him facing a pretty tough schedule. The problem is the lack of depth due to injuries. Rozier is decent at the point. Larkin is terrible. No Theis really hurts power forward depth. They should be able to get past the first round. Second round is very iffy.
Harry Dunne
Celtics done. Cavs vs T-rexes for the East.

Rockets vs Warriors unless Harden gets a yeast infection in the playoffs (again).
CactusThomas
AG
During that stretch, Rozier and Larkins have also missed games. Of course Marcus Smart has been out as well. We saw Al Horford run the point earlier in the year and we may see it some again.
Sapper Redux
CactusThomas said:

During that stretch, Rozier and Larkins have also missed games. Of course Marcus Smart has been out as well. We saw Al Horford run the point earlier in the year and we may see it some again.

If they wind up having to run that during the playoffs, game over man. That game against Milwaukee was one of the most painful Celtics games I've seen in years.
CactusThomas
AG
I will be happy to win the first round match up. No team can be expected to compete with two max money players on the bench. Next season looks very promising.
Sapper Redux
Agreed. One definite plus this season was seeing Brown and Tatum have to mature quickly. The future is bright.
HotardAg07
AG
Kinda feel like this was all just bad karma for Kyrie threatening to have season-ending knee surgery to get out of the Cavs. Also the bad health luck for the Celtics in general also seems to be bad karma for how they treated Isaiah Thomas.
Sapper Redux
They'd be in much worse shape if they held onto Thomas. I love the guy, but he had an awful season. Hopefully he can come back strong next year.
HotardAg07
AG
Celtics obviously made the right decision. But, I'm just saying that the best thing for Isaiah Thomas when he initially hurt his hip would have been to hold himself out. Instead, he played through the pain and potentially made a bad situation worse. He's going to be lucky to get even a midlevel exception type contract next year, more likely a minimum contract. Dude was being discussed for max-type money during his MVP-caliber season last year.

Kawhi could look at that situation and decide it doesn't make much sense to play if he's not going to be 100% and could potentially hurt his market value ahead of the super max eligibility.
Sapper Redux
I agree with that. It's really unfortunate that he felt the need to push through the injury.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.