Basketball player that can jump across 23ft road

2,008 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Ulrich
ProgN
How long do you want to ignore this user?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5174757/North-Carolina-basketball-player-jump-23ft.html
Quote:

This real life 'Peter Parkour' gives Spiderman a run for his money with his incredible talent for jumping huge distances.

Dexton Crutchfield, from North Carolina, can leap on top of a 6ft vending machine from a standstill and can bound over a car with ease.

His incredible viral videos show him leapfrogging over a standing couple in a supermarket - with room to spare - and jumping sidewalk to sidewalk over a 23ft wide road.
Quote:

The 5ft 8in streetball player for Florida-based Court Kingz is dwarfed by his teammates - but he can leap the highest to dunk some incredible baskets with ease.

After amassing 200k Instagram followers in just a year, college bosses spotted his videos online and scouted him for a scholarship.

The 20-year-old is due to start at Iowa Western Community College where he will compete in high jump, long jump and triple jump, in a bid to become an Olympic athlete.

Other incredible videos online show the super-skilled 160lb jumper leaping over an entire swimming pool and from aisle to aisle in the supermarket.

Quote:

Dexton said: 'I want to be the best. Anything is achievable in life - the only person that can stop you is you.

'When I was a little boy, aged six onwards, I used to love jumping over the couch and around the house.

'My mum used to get annoyed but now she is very proud of where it has taken me - to new heights.

'I knew at a young age my ability wasn't normal because I was shorter than most people in my class but could jump much higher.

'But I need to be careful because I could injure myself.

'The vending machine jump was the scariest one and I made it on my sixth attempt because I was too scared to commit.

'Once I got my heart rate up, I just went for it.

'I've also tried to jump onto a seven foot high dumpster and came so close but I didn't want to risk trying again. If I fell back, I could have seriously injured myself.'
Quote:

Dexton has never trained in jumping but will start when he begins college in January.

He is able to jump seven metres (23ft) on concrete but on a track, and with strength training, he is expected to go much further.

The current long jump world record stands at 8.95 metres (29.4ft), set by American athlete Mike Powell at the 1991 World Championships in Tokyo.

Dexton says his growing fame doesn't faze him, and added: 'I'm a very humble person so the media attention doesn't bother me.

'No matter how much fame I get, I'm not famous.

'I'm a normal person. We all breathe the same air.'
The video in the link above is pretty impressive.
3rdGen2015
AG
Meh. A 23 foot long jump would have been good for 7th place at the Texas Boys' 6A State Meet this year. "Superhuman jumping abilities" as the article states is way off.
Iowaggie
AG
Iowa Wesleyan is a school of about 700 students.

They did have a guy by the name of Dana Holgorsen go there, where he was coached by Hal Mumme and some guy by the name of Mike Leach.
Ulrich
here are tons of athletes with those kinds of vertical and horizontal leaps. The only part of the video I could get to play was him jumping over the couple in the grocery store, but I've seen guys much bigger than him not just jump over 1-5 people but dunk on the way down.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.