Shea Serrano

3,113 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by PatAg
Head Ninja In Charge
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone pick up Basketball (And Other Things) this weekend? I think he's the best thing to have come out of Grantland's demise. Also a native Houstonian.
superunknown
AG
Got a barnes and noble edition on the way and an Amazon order I'm sending to my brother.
Texags is garbage
Didn't know he had a book coming out. Thanks for the heads up. Love the way he writes.
superunknown
AG
another angry ag said:

Didn't know he had a book coming out. Thanks for the heads up. Love the way he writes.

You should follow him on twitter
Guitarsoup
AG

Quote:

Also a native Houstonian.
He was born and grew up in San Antonio. SW side. He moved to Houston after graduating from Sam.
Ag Natural
AG
Figures a lot of Spurs fans should like him since he parrots a lot of the same garbage. He's pretty entertaining and its so rare to hear a national guy talk Spurs... plus he hates Houston. But for a guy who supposedly covers this team closely he's usually just as misinformed as any other national guy.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Is die-hard Spurs fan. Has been simultaneously optimistic and pessimistic on how this upcoming season will go. Hates LaMarcus Aldridge almost as much as he hates the Rockets.
Guitarsoup
AG
I find him super annoying more than I do funny, but he shares my dislike for LMA and his trash talking tweets can be really funny. But I don't follow him. More chaff than wheat.
CactusThomas
AG
Pumpkinhead said:

Hates LaMarcus Aldridge almost as much as he hates the Rockets.

As every spurs fan should.
Ag Natural
AG
CactusThomas said:

Pumpkinhead said:

Hates LaMarcus Aldridge almost as much as he hates the Rockets.

As every spurs fan should.

I really enjoy other fans telling me how I should feel.

My OWN opinion is that LMA hasn't been a superstar but he hasn't been the disaster many are making him out to be. He's been a very tough defender and rebounder which is important to winning. The Spurs have won 67 and 61 games with him.
superunknown
AG
Ag Natural said:

Figures a lot of Spurs fans should like him since he parrots a lot of the same garbage. He's pretty entertaining and its so rare to hear a national guy talk Spurs... plus he hates Houston. But for a guy who supposedly covers this team closely he's usually just as misinformed as any other national guy.

I dont expect him to "cover" the team like a beat reporter would. He's definitely a fan's voice in the Bill Simmons vein.
Pahdz
I followed him for a weekend then had to stop
Guitarsoup
AG
If you like guys that spend 80% of their day RTing nice comments about them or people brown nosing about buying his book, then he is a great follow.
Ag Natural
AG
Guitarsoup said:

If you like guys that spend 80% of their day RTing nice comments about them or people brown nosing about buying his book, then he is a great follow.

That's funny. I don't follow him but that doesn't surprise me one bit.
Pahdz
Exactly, and I think I picked the wrong time to follow him (release weekend)
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
As a long time reader (used to read his bar/club reviews on Houston Press), I can confirm his Twitter is trash these days. Most of his non-book-promotion Tweets are still hilarious, but it's gotten unbearable. Still a fan of his content, but I muted his feed two years ago.
PatAg
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Your first mistake is spending so much time invested in twitter. Its best when viewed casually. His articles he writes are the medium I get his takes in, and he writes good/funny articles.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.