Tim Duncan

2,403 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Guitarsoup
Head Ninja In Charge
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rockets lifer here, but not gonna lie. Kinda miss Tim Duncan. He's a real one.

CactusThomas
AG
He was a pretty good player IMHO.
Guitarsoup
AG
Hey, it's Tim.
Blahhead
Direct link to his YouCaring donation page:

https://www.youcaring.com/21usvirginislandrelieffund-942738
Andy07
AG
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
^Neither here nor there, but that SrA's name is on his BDU and the unit emblem is still on the post. Took me ten seconds to find him.
Ulrich
Head Ninja In Charge said:

^Neither here nor there, but that SrA's name is on his BDU and the unit emblem is still on the post. Took me ten seconds to find him.

Also his face is in the picture.
Matsui
MGS
Hope he got out of the USVI before Maria hit last night.
Petrino1
For what its worth, I work with a lot of guys from St Croix and they say Duncan never goes back to the islands to visit. They feel like he sold out and forgot his roots. He had some documentary in St Croix in 2005 and apparently that was the last time he visited until now.
Guitarsoup
AG
ea1060 said:

For what its worth, I work with a lot of guys from St Croix and they say Duncan never goes back to the islands to visit. They feel like he sold out and forgot his roots. He had some documentary in St Croix in 2005 and apparently that was the last time he visited until now.
That definitely wasn't the last time he was there, because he shared pics of his kids there. All three of his kids were born after 2005.

What a sellout, coming out of retirement, into the public eye (that he doesn't really like) to raise millions of dollars for them.
Ulrich
ea1060 said:

He lives in San Antonio and we never see him either except occasionally at Old Navy or CVS. He's not the type to make sure everyone knows where he is.
Guitarsoup
AG
He gave one big ~hour long interview to one person to announce his retirement. Who got the interview? Friend from St Croix. Not Express-News, KSAT, WOAI, SI or ESPN.
Petrino1
Dont shoot the messenger, Im just telling you how people FROM St. Croix feel about him. Its a small island, Im pretty sure people know when he visits. Just because hes raising money for the island doesnt mean he goes back and visits all the time.
Guitarsoup
AG
I know he takes his kids there every year.

Probably the people he was never close to that are bitter they can't ride the gravy train like with so many other athletes.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.