Rookie of the Year

2,202 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Head Ninja In Charge
Head Ninja In Charge
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Kinda early, but kinda not. I always thought Dennis Smith Jr. was getting overlooked in the point guard class. He's my pick. Perfect fit/situation. Dallas needs a PG/scorer/potential star replacement for Dirk. I know it's Summer League, but he has looked incredible. Reminds me a lot of (the good things about) Steve Francis.
Ag Natural
AG
The best rookie I've seen is Tatum. Smith, Fultz, Fox, Jackson and Ball will have plenty of playing time to put up numbers as well. To me the sleeper is Mitchell at Utah.
NoahAg
Unless the Ags are playing, I don't follow college ball at all, but yeah, the highlights I've seen of Smith seem legit.
HossAg
AG
I think Tatum is probably the favorite right now.
Farmer1906
AG
CactusThomas
AG
Tatum if we're guessing now. But op has a good point about Smith Jr. I like that pick as well.
CactusThomas
AG
Changing my prediction. As a Celtics fan, it pains me to pick the Lakers new guard. But his 7/9 shooting combined with his elite defense and show time passes puts him ahead of the field.
CactusThomas
AG
West Texan
AG
CactusThomas said:

If Caruso can start hitting 3s at about a 35-36% clip, he's at least got a solid shot as a 3 and D type guy in the NBA. Throw in that he can handle the ball and has great instincts passing the ball, if he can just shoot it consistently he's gonna make an NBA roster. I would love for the Spurs to take a chance on him and let him work with Chip Engelland.
Gigem Trevas
So Lonzo is the real deal.
Know Your Enemy
AG
West Texan said:

CactusThomas said:

If Caruso can start hitting 3s at about a 35-36% clip, he's at least got a solid shot as a 3 and D type guy in the NBA. Throw in that he can handle the ball and has great instincts passing the ball, if he can just shoot it consistently he's gonna make an NBA roster. I would love for the Spurs to take a chance on him and let him work with Chip Engelland.
Alex Caruso G League stats

He shot 40.1% from 3-point range in the G League.
mazag08
AG
West Texan said:

CactusThomas said:

The Spurs did have a chance with him.. when he was on their D league team.
ZEEB
AG
He was never an Austin Spur. Caruso played on the OKC team

mazag08
AG
aggieZephyr said:

He was never an Austin Spur. Caruso played on the OKC team

Oh that's right. Got that mixed up.
Gigem Trevas
Another triple double for Lonzo.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Big fan of Lonzo's game. He looks great.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Y'all.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.