Lebron vs Barkley

2,725 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Iowaggie
Mort Rainey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18589897/lebron-james-cleveland-cavaliers-throws-gauntlet-charles-barkley-hater

Who you got?
Matsui
AG
Lebron
But Barkley has a point. WTF else do the Cavs need to do. But Lebron is going to bend over Gilbert from now until he retires (and probably will leave that team in shambles when he is done).
PatAg
AG
Never Lebron. Notice he didn't mention anything about the game, just off the court stuff? Everything Charles said is right.
WES2006AG
AG
Barkley is an asshat, but he is spot on here. There are GMs in the NBA who wish they had the roster control that Lebron has. Their roster is fine, and even if it wasn't it is Lebron who wanted these guys. Dan Gilbert may be an idiot but I can't imagine he wanted to give those contracts to T Thompson or JR Smith.

Lebron made this bed, now he can lay in it.
zooguy96
LeDumb has always gotten everything he's wanted. The only way he's won anything is to have a "super team". Jordan didn't choose his teamates. Hakeem won with spares.

LeDumb is the ultimate whiner. He's a typical millennial.
QBCade
AG
He's a whiner, but he's right. No way the Cavs have a roster to rival the Warriors. That's what he's really saying. Also, he's leading the league in minutes and they're still losing. WTF?!?!
PatAg
AG
Money spent should be the criteria
Mort Rainey
No one can rival the Warriors because its a stacked deck. There's never been anything like it in history. I'm a die hard nba fan and i can't remember ever being less excited for the playoffs. The champion and probably the finals matchup is a complete forgone conclusion
WES2006AG
AG
GeorgePlimpton said:

No one can rival the Warriors because its a stacked deck. There's never been anything like it in history. I'm a die hard nba fan and i can't remember ever being less excited for the playoffs. The champion and probably the finals matchup is a complete forgone conclusion
So you are thinking Rockets-Raptors in the finals as well?
NoahAg
Quote:

No way the Cavs have a roster to rival the Warriors.
Nobody does! He needs to stop whining.
Deputy Travis Junior
Barkley is right. Dan Gilbert effectively let LeBron be the GM, and then let him play with the biggest salary cap in the NBA.

If LeBron wanted a super roster like the Warriors, he should have agreed to Curry's 11 million dollar salary over the offseason, because that's how they were able to land Durant. I don't blame LeBron one iota for his signing a new max contract every year or every other year (I don't remember what he's doing), but decisions have consequences. And it you're going to make as much money as possible, there's less for other players.
Iowaggie
AG
I think Barkley is not only correct, but during the discussion, I think Shaq sounds like an idiot and an ass.
Consistently, he is the weakest link on the NBA on TNT set.

gordo97
AG
Shaq sounds like an idiot? But he is wearing smart-looking glasses.... it can't be!!!
BMX Bandit
Agree with Shaq that is rudiculous to say lebron doesn't want to compete.

But Lebron's response to being called a whiner was to throw a tantrum. That's hilarity
PatAg
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Agree with Shaq that is rudiculous to say lebron doesn't want to compete.

But Lebron's response to being called a whiner was to throw a tantrum. That's hilarity
It's not that ridiculous, on some level. He did join his biggest rival to try to win not one, not two, not three...and all of whats gone on with the cavs since then. Now you do have to balance that with every player wanting to have the best team possible.

Funny point about Bron's response though, hah.
Deputy Travis Junior
Player/GM LeBron is now trying to swing a "Love for Melo" trade. I have no idea if that would make the Cavs better. I will say that Love has been incredibly unselfish and willing to play long stretches as nothing more than a 3 point threat. Not sure Melo would handle that diminished role with the same grace.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18634082/lebron-james-cleveland-cavaliers-pushing-kevin-love-carmelo-anthony-trade
PatAg
AG
Deputy Travis Junior said:

Player/GM LeBron is now trying to swing a "Love for Melo" trade. I have no idea if that would make the Cavs better. I will say that Love has been incredibly unselfish and willing to play long stretches as nothing more than a 3 point threat. Not sure Melo would handle that diminished role with the same grace.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18634082/lebron-james-cleveland-cavaliers-pushing-kevin-love-carmelo-anthony-trade
I'm sure he wouldn't
C Loves L
For those faulting Lebron... You don't bring a knife into a gunfight. Lebron wants to win and if "whining" gets the ball rolling for some needed change, I don't fault him one bit

Yes, Barkley, is right but he nor anyone else can fault Lebron for wanting to match what Golden state did in the off season.

What does Barkley think Lebron should do? Last year Golden state, was right on the cusp of winning another championship... Without Durant. If you don't try to match what Golden state did, you just don't want it enough

I'm a Barkley, fan. But I think the fact that he never won it all is fueling his take on Lebron. Did he complain when Golden state went after Durant?
PatAg
AG
C Loves L said:

For those faulting Lebron... You don't bring a knife into a gunfight. Lebron wants to win and if "whining" gets the ball rolling for some needed change, I don't fault him one bit

Yes, Barkley, is right but he nor anyone else can fault Lebron for wanting to match what Golden state did in the off season.

What does Barkley think Lebron should do? Last year Golden state, was right on the cusp of winning another championship... Without Durant. If you don't try to match what Golden state did, you just don't want it enough

I'm a Barkley, fan. But I think the fact that he never won it all is fueling his take on Lebron. Did he complain when Golden state went after Durant?
I think he called Durant out too.
Iowaggie
AG
C Loves L said:

I don't think you addressing Barkley's points.

1. The Cavs have done everything LeBron has requested and have the highest payroll in the league. What haven't the Cavs done that LBJ has requested?

2. What could the Cavs do to match GSW's signing of Durant? There are about 3-4 guys in that same neighborhood, and they weren't going to be available.

3. They have one roster spot that is open. Their best bet for added depth is signing a player that is bought out. That player isn't available until after the trade deadline.

4. Shaq's line is more insulting to LeBron (2:12), IMO, "Does he need all the good players on his team to win....yes." and then he tries to bring up the "Big 4" in Houston...what? Age doesn't matter, Shaq?.

5. Shaq says they need more than LeBron, Kyrie, and Love to win the championship, while Barkley is yelling, "They just won the championship!"

6. Barkley is stating they are good enough to beat GSW now, but somehow that is some hatred of Lebron?

7. I disagree that Barkley's not winning fuels his take on LeBron. He's ripped on a lot of people. And it isn't like past champions didn't rip on Curry or Lebron in the past. He certainly went after Durant.

Ag Natural
AG
LBJ is the best player in the league and probably top 3 all time. He has one superstar teammate and another all star. Highest payroll in the league. Yet he thinks they need a better backup PG to win? That just sounds dumb.

If he were to criticisize anyone it should be his coach. They haven't even tried to get their younger guys meaningful minutes. And if he doesn't think there are any promising young guys then I would throw that Love for Wiggins trade in Labrons face. That was a horrible decision and everyone knew it.
C Loves L
Iowaggie said:

C Loves L said:

1. The Cavs have done everything LeBron has requested and have the highest payroll in the league. What haven't the Cavs done that LBJ has requested?

2. What could the Cavs do to match GSW's signing of Durant? There are about 3-4 guys in that same neighborhood, and they weren't going to be available.

3. They have one roster spot that is open. Their best bet for added depth is signing a player that is bought out. That player isn't available until after the trade deadline.

4. Shaq's line is more insulting to LeBron (2:12), IMO, "Does he need all the good players on his team to win....yes." and then he tries to bring up the "Big 4" in Houston...what? Age doesn't matter, Shaq?.

5. Shaq says they need more than LeBron, Kyrie, and Love to win the championship, while Barkley is yelling, "They just won the championship!"

6. Barkley is stating they are good enough to beat GSW now, but somehow that is some hatred of Lebron?

7. I disagree that Barkley's not winning fuels his take on LeBron. He's ripped on a lot of people. And it isn't like past champions didn't rip on Curry or Lebron in the past. He certainly went after Durant.

1. I agree that they have up to this point. But I also agree with Lebron, they need to make another move to contend with GS.
3. Depth? If it's a bench player, then only Manu 2007 will do. They need a 4th option. Just like GS has.
4. Could he be insinuating that LeBron needs good players to win because that's what GS is doing? Today's NBA is not the same as when Shaq, played. Back then it was who ever had the best "dual threat", then SA with the "3-headed monster". It's become an arms race, Shaq, knows that and so does everyone in the NBA to include upper management.

5. Yeah, this isn't the 2015/2016 GS roster though. GS improved and apparently to epic proportions. To say he could win it this year because he won it last year, is short sighted. New season and different rosters. Cleveland is playing most of their season without one of their key starters meanwhile GS has what appears to be another MVP of the league type player added.

Yeah... Korver and stuff
Iowaggie
AG
C Loves L said:

Iowaggie said:

C Loves L said:

1. I agree that they have up to this point. But I also agree with Lebron, they need to make another move to contend with GS.
3. Depth? If it's a bench player, then only Manu 2007 will do. They need a 4th option. Just like GS has.
4. Could he be insinuating that LeBron needs good players to win because that's what GS is doing? Today's NBA is not the same as when Shaq, played. Back then it was who ever had the best "dual threat", then SA with the "3-headed monster". It's become an arms race, Shaq, knows that and so does everyone in the NBA to include upper management.

5. Yeah, this isn't the 2015/2016 GS roster though. GS improved and apparently to epic proportions. To say he could win it this year because he won it last year, is short sighted. New season and different rosters. Cleveland is playing most of their season without one of their key starters meanwhile GS has what appears to be another MVP of the league type player added.

Yeah... Korver and stuff
I agree with LeBron that it would help their cause. I disagree with you and Shaq and LeBron that the Cavs have the assets at this point in the season to acquire a #4 to match GSW's #4. Our difference are on the assumption that the FO have the ability & interest to add pieces to match GSW, and I side with Barkley that that move isn't out there to match adding Kevin Durant to GSW.

The Cavs have done everything they can that LeBron has asked for in the past (probably at the team's own detriment now), and acquiring the NBA record holder for 3 pt % in shooting in a season is a pretty good move. I believe their next best best for a contributor is waiting for a vet to get his contract bought out and join them.

Was there a Free Agent this past summer that LeBron wanted that the Cavs didn't pursue?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.