***Everton 2024-2025 thread***

1,754 Views | 29 Replies | Last: 7 days ago by Aggies1322
ThunderCougarFalconBird
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Final year at Goodison Park. Let's make it a great one. Then off to Bramley Moore and a bright future.

Ownership is inevitably changing over the summer. Fortunately, 777 proved to be the house of cards they were rumored to be so they're out of the running.

In a wild turn of events, Houston billionaire Dan Friedkin has emerged as a potential buyer (owns gulf states Toyota and AS Roma). We may be a Texan-owned club before the season starts.
heddleston
AG
From what I've read the MSP group still has the inside track, but it's encouraging to see multiple parties with solid backing and track records putting in bids. We're still in for a long haul of getting the ship righted and stabilized long term, but things look much better than they did even 2 months ago. If we can get a deal to go thru before the end of June it also sounds like we could avoid any further point deductions for the 24/25 season.
Aggies1322
AG
I just want rich guys that are willing to splash some money. Let's keep the talent we have and acquire more. The attack just seems to disappear at times.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Here we are about to be Houston owned by Dan Friedkin. Sentiment from blues is that they really like it. And his P-51.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
lol. Manchester United chirping about how unhappy they are with our asking price for Jarrad Branthwaite.

Maybe go fix the glory hole, United. Old trafford isn't supposed to be a waterfall.
Aggies1322
AG
ThunderCougarFalconBird said:

lol. Manchester United chirping about how unhappy they are with our asking price for Jarrad Branthwaite.

Maybe go fix the glory hole, United. Old trafford isn't supposed to be a waterfall.

Knowing Everton, we're going to play hard ball until the last day and then sell him for $35MM… need to just keep him unless they do swing $70MM our way.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Looks like the Friedkins are going to be the new owners. What are the Everton podcasts/media saying?
Aggies1322
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

Looks like the Friedkins are going to be the new owners. What are the Everton podcasts/media saying?

Most of what I've seen seems positive. Not surprising considering how bad Moshiri has been.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Jordan Pickford.

That's the post.
Aggies1322
AG
We inquired about Weston McKennie… would love to see him in blue.
heddleston
AG
Looks like Onana is going to Villa for 50mill. Sad to see him go, but glad since this means we get to keep Branthwaite. Now if we can get another striker?
aggiebrad16
AG
Hi guys- just found this thread for the first time which baffles me. I had no idea it was here. Wife and I are huge Everton supporters. We've made the voyage to Goodison and are planning on another trip for the final season before BMD.

Mostly just posting out of excitement that there's an Everton thread on TexAgs… my two sporting loves! Aggie athletics and Everton football!
Aggies1322
AG
aggiebrad16 said:

Hi guys- just found this thread for the first time which baffles me. I had no idea it was here. Wife and I are huge Everton supporters. We've made the voyage to Goodison and are planning on another trip for the final season before BMD.

Mostly just posting out of excitement that there's an Everton thread on TexAgs… my two sporting loves! Aggie athletics and Everton football!

LETS GOOOOO
ChipFTAC01
AG
What's the latest on a sale post Friedkins?
aggiebrad16
AG
They say there's a few groups circling the wagon but no where near the chatter before friedkin emerged. Seems that Malone from the dodgers is the leader but no indication that anything's been offered.

Without getting into the weeds to much, it looks like there's issues with the $200mm that was lent to us as working capital I think from 777/A Cap and that's the cause of the collapse. May be hard for anyone to feel good about an Everton transaction until this shakes its way out.

I am pretty anxious about all of this, can't lie.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Welcome to the thread. Wife and I are talking about one last trip to Goodison.

I'd relax. 777 is a dumpster fire and their best day re the 200m is a long-distant lawsuit filed by their bankruptcy trustee years into the future.

Buyer will come. We'll be reliably mid-table this year, probably top half, and outside shot at looking competitive for a European spot.
aggiebrad16
AG
Anyone have any thoughts on rb? Surprised we didn't grab more depth with Seamus being his age and Patto unreliable. Are we thinking Garner can play back there if need be?
aggiebrad16
AG

O'Briens debut

Lindstrms debut

Champions league here we come!!!
aggiebrad16
AG
Me to myself: Don't get to angry or upset, it's just preseason.

Also me after two new signings score on their debut in preseason: We're winning the ****ing league!!!!
Aggies1322
AG
aggiebrad16 said:

Me to myself: Don't get to angry or upset, it's just preseason.

Also me after two new signings score on their debut in preseason: We're winning the ****ing league!!!!

We're a middle table squad last year without those point deductions. Goal is top half for me. I think we need proof of consistent scoring threats. Dyches sides always seem to defend pretty well.
aggiebrad16
AG
Agreed! I've had a few drinks so bare with me…. But if we don't see a 442 at some point with Keane and O'Brien up top I'll be pretty disappointed. Even Keane got 2 minutes up top last season
Aggies1322
AG
Excited to see how the boys look - would love to get started on the right foot.
Aggies1322
AG
RB and LB are extremely weak so far.. Ashley young doesn't have it..
Aggies1322
AG
Bro has any other team had more pens taken away than us?
aggiebrad16
AG
This is tough to watch. First half was great, second half reminds me of how I felt watching that App State game last season… so full of hope, only to feel sick at the end.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
My reaction to today's match:

fig96
AG
That second goal against the run of play just killed any momentum, not the way you want to open a season.
Aggies1322
AG
Look much better today. Really like Ndiaye!
aggiebrad16
AG
What a great day to be an Everton Aggie

Nevermind. ****
Aggies1322
AG
Wow we suck
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.