Ligue 1 and Ligue 2 season cancelled

1,896 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by deadbq03
DeangeloVickers
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Smokedraw01
I just need the Bundesliga or EPL to come back. Just one of them.
deadbq03
AG
Smokedraw01 said:

I just need the Bundesliga or EPL to come back. Just one of them.
Looks like Thursday is going to be decision day for the German government to approve the Bundesliga's return plan.

Bundesliga has been practicing for two weeks and has penciled in May 9 as the restart date, but most folks feel the government will force a week or two delay on that. Their league is under the gun to resume by the end of June otherwise they lose a lot of TV money and 13 clubs in their top 2 flights will become insolvent.
deadbq03
AG
One variant of the German plan for restart purportedly requires players to wear masks, with mandatory breaks every 15 minutes to tighten them and if refs see a mask fall off the player must immediately be sent off.

Also IIRC if any player tests positive, the whole team goes on quarantine and forfeits matches during the quarantine.
jeffk
AG
Dang, match forfeiture due to getting sick seems really harsh.
DeangeloVickers
AG
La Liga gonna start practicing May 4th!!!!
PatAg
AG
deadbq03 said:

One variant of the German plan for restart purportedly requires players to wear masks, with mandatory breaks every 15 minutes to tighten them and if refs see a mask fall off the player must immediately be sent off.

Also IIRC if any player tests positive, the whole team goes on quarantine and forfeits matches during the quarantine.
Wearing masks while exerting yourself physically seems like a recipe for disaster
deadbq03
AG
jeffk said:

Dang, match forfeiture due to getting sick seems really harsh.
Yeah I think what I read awhile ago was wrong about that. Seeing stuff now that says they're testing twice a week and if anyone tests positive they'll be quarantined but the game goes on.
deadbq03
AG
PatAg said:

deadbq03 said:

Wearing masks while exerting yourself physically seems like a recipe for disaster
Yeah, I'm not sure about this either. My sources are UK rags like Sun and Daily Mail so it may be total BS, but they have pictures of some players wearing masks at practice.

German Minister of Labor said yesterday that he doesn't think the mask idea is conceivable.
Sumatriptan
farmer leagues
Mathguy64
AG
They just declared PSG the winner and locked the table places for relegation.

I expect Italy to do the same.

The CL and UEL are done. Making teams play in that tourney when the leagues are done and travel is banned is impossible.
DeangeloVickers
AG
deadbq03
AG
They pushed the decision back a week. So May 9 is off the table. May 23 is most likely.
DeangeloVickers
AG
deadbq03
AG
Good to hear, but man I hate these kinds of misleading headlines. The government is deciding tomorrow. They act like it's already happened. All they had to do was say "expected" instead of "set."

Also... they're pimping the 10 positive tests in headlines but fail to note that that was the results of a round of 1,700 tests for players and staff in both leagues, and that's after being at practice for a month which means these guys are by and large taking this very seriously.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.