Sunderland 'til I Die

2,094 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by deadbq03
Smokedraw01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Is anyone else keeping up with this with so much time off right now? The storytelling is not great but I can watch these sorts of docs just about any time.

Any other soccer docs you'd recommend?
Onceaggie2.0
Green Street hooligans, Bend it like Beckham.
ptothemo
AG
I really enjoyed Sunderland Til I Die. I thought season two was better than season one overall but enjoyed both.

Another one to look into is The English Game. It's more of a drama, but the first few episodes are pretty soccer focused. I have enjoyed what I've watched so far and will finish the rest soon.

30 for 30 also has their Soccer Stories series that are generally good.
ChipFTAC01
AG
That English game show looks like something I might try and get the wife to watch with me.
Smokedraw01
ChipFTAC01 said:

That English game show looks like something I might try and get the wife to watch with me.
It's okay. Not much soccer to the show.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Basically just downtown abbey? British period drama piece?

I was actually reading about the characters this morning and wasn't really aware of the bid class warfare and amateur/professional struggle in the early game
Smokedraw01
ChipFTAC01 said:

Basically just downtown abbey? British period drama piece?

I was actually reading about the characters this morning and wasn't really aware of the bid class warfare and amateur/professional struggle in the early game
I've never seen Downtown but that seems to be correct. They do talk about the transition of English soccer to professionalism but that is about it.
deadbq03
AG
Smokedraw01 said:

ChipFTAC01 said:

It's okay. Not much soccer to the show.
My wife thought the same for us. And I was game. I actually kinda liked Downton Abbey. But this? It's garbage. After the first episode, I kinda balked. Bad soccer and bad drama. She watched the whole season without me and agreed with me that I was right to not like it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.