Change the Golden Boot award

1,499 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by byfLuger41
the enigma
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Megan Rapinoe is going to win the award with 6 goals for the tournament. The problem I have is that half her goals were from the spot. Rose Lavelle's goal in the final was more of a quality goal. Alex Morgan has 5 (or 6), most, if not all, from the field. I think goals made from the field should count more than goals from the spot where the player taking the penally had all the advantage over the keeper. JMHO
HossAg
AG
Nah she deserves it.
BQ_90
AG
Goal is a goal
gibberish
AG
Shots from the spot are not a given.

Just ask England
the enigma
She deserves it but it isn't about the player. I think if player A scores 6 goals from the field, and player B scores 6 goals but 2 or 3 are from the spot, the award should go to player A based on quality. Player A had to do more work to achieve the goals. Most of the time, the player taking the penalty wasn't even the player drawing the foul.

Take the two goals in the final; both count equally but Rose's goal was much higher quality...
the enigma
Gibberish - true but the percentage is 72-75% made in major tournaments from the spot.
bagger05
AG
I'd prefer it if first tiebreaker were goals in run of play over penalties. But if someone scored six goals all penalties and someone else scored five spectacular goals the person with six should still win.
Memphis 7
If you draw the pk, you should get 1/2 the goal, the other half should go to the kicker?

/not a soccer guy
bagger05
AG
Wrong thread.
Agnzona
Shots on goal should have been the next the tie breaker.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
no goals against Thailand past three should count !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BigJim49AustinnowDallas
byfLuger41
AG
BQ_90 said:

Goal is a goal
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.