Benitez our at Newcastle

1,737 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by River
OregonAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I don't think there's many die hard Newcastle fans here but there are plenty of EPL fans. That's a helluva coach on the market now and I really think Chelsea should make a run at him. Not sure if he'd go there but they'd have a helluva manager if he did.

Lots of rumors lately about Newcastle being sold to some oil rich prince, which would probably transform them into challengers for the league. I was a little nervous about Benitez having an open wallet to buy players.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/newcastle-united/story/3884096/benitez-leaves-role-as-newcastle-manager
TXAggie2011
AG
Eh. Benitez and Chelsea went on a few dates a few years ago and they didn't get along despite it looking good from the outside.
Furlock Bones
AG
Jose to Newcastle?
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Story I've been told is that a Chinese league team offered him "**** you" money and no one with brains and a matching offer would actually do the same.
OregonAggie
AG
Furlock Bones said:

Jose to Newcastle?

Dear lord please no
OregonAggie
AG
I feel like that's a good retirement move but damn he's still got years of managing ahead of him! I feel the same way about players that go to China. Just wait till you're old as hell then make that money.
eiggA2002
AG
The ownership being in limbo is putting the whole team at risk. Can't sign a manager to a long-term deal if you're not going to own them, players don't want to go there right now because of the uncertainty, which makes Rafa pissed because he can't sign anyone or have control. I blame this all on management. He got them promoted and kept them up twice. I think they are in danger now unless they get the $$$ and get it quick.
OregonAggie
AG
eiggA2002 said:

The ownership being in limbo is putting the whole team at risk. Can't sign a manager to a long-term deal if you're not going to own them, players don't want to go there right now because of the uncertainty, which makes Rafa pissed because he can't sign anyone or have control. I blame this all on management. He got them promoted and kept them up twice. I think they are in danger now unless they get the $$$ and get it quick.

That's a very good point.
CrockerAg98
AG
F*** Mike Ashley
JJxvi
AG
TXAggie2011 said:

Eh. Benitez and Chelsea went on a few dates a few years ago and they didn't get along despite it looking good from the outside.
Rafa's Chelsea career (while shorter) is also uncannily identical Sarri's in terms of animosity, final league position, silverware, etc so that'd be kinda weird.
Dre_00
I believe Gary Monk is the favorite to replace him.

In related news, good luck to Newcastle in the Championship next season.
heddleston
AG
Mike Ashley is like Tom Hicks and James Dolan combined. Just horrible.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11678/11752751/rafael-benitez-agrees-to-become-manager-of-dalian-yifang-in-china?fbclid=IwAR2y79MNpZdVBYj7Wqn4P5Ypx_vB5HJPq4ywnsXRcGnqJwW3eXta0O1T8YE

Confirmed. Headed to Dailan Yifang for twice what he was getting paid at Newcastle. Wow.
GrapevineAg
AG
F***ing Mike Ashley never "open up the war chest" as promised, so he never had the talent to compete with the big boys. It was a minor miracle that they finished as high as 13th this season. Honestly, I'm surprised Benitez didn't leave sooner. Good for him for getting paid.
KCup17
AG
I thought there was supposed to be an update a couple weeks back in regards to Ashley selling the club... Really had hope to see Benitez stay
River
Ashley out!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.