Houston World Cup 2026

1,780 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by ChipFTAC01
randy828
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I just became aware of their Twitter page and saw they got a billionaire Houston guy on board. John Arnold. Would love to see some WC in Houston.

wangus12
AG
I'd be willing to say that both Houston and Dallas will be host sites
jeffk
AG
Houston is a slam dunk pick for a WC host site. Huge international presence, good infrastructure, big venues. Close to me.
eiggA2002
AG
Absolutely. Totally agree. Rumor has it one of the semifinals will be in Dallas.
deadbq03
AG
wangus12 said:

I'd be willing to say that both Houston and Dallas will be host sites
I agree. I gotta think that having DFW and IAH as major international hubs will be a critical factor, especially since they both service Mexico extensively for folks who want to travel between sites.

Edit: Actually Love & Hobby are assets too in this case since SW flies to Mexico City.
cadetjay02
AG
The problem with Dallas is the turf. I know money will prevail, but every time they try to put down temporary grass in indoor stadiums it's terrible footing. Logically, I don't know how they justify this in the most important tournament in the world.
gig them
AG
cadetjay02 said:

The problem with Dallas is the turf. I know money will prevail, but every time they try to put down temporary grass in indoor stadiums it's terrible footing. Logically, I don't know how they justify this in the most important tournament in the world.

gambochaman
AG
jeffk said:

Close to me.
this
eiggA2002
AG
Quote:

NRG Stadium is also turf. So is Atlanta and so is New York, etc. The only way we can host a WC in the biggest cities and in their biggest stadiums (outside of SoCal and Miami who are definitely getting matches) is to bring in grass. Hopefully by then they'll have figured out a way to make the pitches safe and high quality.
PatAg
AG
cadetjay02 said:

That's not true actually. The last few games in Dallas the grass was fine. They don't just lay it down the day before.
MookieBlaylock
AG
I guess the Alamo dome is out. The turf was beautiful for USA vs Mexico a few years ago
ChipFTAC01
AG
Heard in the last few days that they're expecting FIFA to announce 2026 venues in the next week or two.
bigjag19
AG
When the announce sites in Canada that used astroturf for the women…
ChipFTAC01
AG
Fifa has apparently come out and said the North American cities announcement has been pushed back to mid-June.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.