Kyle Field Possible Host for Man U vs Man City

4,803 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Bockaneer
nickstro66
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Would this be possible? Is the field space big enough for a proper length soccer field?

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/college-sports/collegesports/2017/04/25/ams-kyle-field-running-host-two-englands-top-soccer-teams
Terk
AG
Would!
redd38
AG
Soccer trends to be flexible with the width of the field, so I would imagine if we're in the running then they're comfortable with the width they'll have to play on.
ja86
nickstro66
AG
Also, I thought they were already playing a game at NRG?
bigjag19
AG
On the date listed...
aggie7911
Pretty sure its NRG
Mathguy64
AG
It's NRG and it cannot happen. Kyle has bench seating. Pretty sure even for made up "tournaments" like this everyone must have an assigned individual seat
Kramer
AG
Michigan has bench seating.
Pahdz
Kramer said:

Michigan has bench seating.

As does the Rose Bowl
jeffk
AG
They'd be dumb to pick Kyle over NRG. Still would.be awesome though.
Mathguy64
AG
FIFA definitely has that rule for all FIFA events. Ther documents for competitions say they are only guidelines for lesser events. They even specify seat size in FIFA publication Football Stadiums Technical Recommendations and Requirements for seating row depths, seat widths and/or clearways.
Pahdz
mathguy86 said:

FIFA definitely has that rule for all FIFA events. Ther documents for competitions say they are only guidelines for lesser events. They even specify seat size in FIFA publication Football Stadiums Technical Recommendations and Requirements for seating row depths, seat widths and/or clearways.
so why are games played in stadiums with benches? hell the Gold Cup final was played there
Mathguy64
AG
Those are specifications for FIFA events. Things like the World Cup. Lesser events are events staged by individual confederations. Those confeds can use their own rules. I'm pretty sure EUFA uses the FIFA specs because of crowd control. But assuming the WC is here in 2026, bench seating is not an option.

The docs that FIFA keep are detailed. They include things like training manuals for stewards and how to get fans out of stadiums in the event an evacuation is ordered.

Edit. The manual is at This link. The seat specs are on page 109. The amount of detail is amazing. It even specifies how much covering stadiums must provide fans from the sun and how much space must be allocated to the anti doping room.
bagger05
AG
I would definitely be there for this game, but on July 20 I think indoors sounds WAY less miserable.
biobioprof
Will the concessions replace chicken wraps with prawn sandwiches?
Dre_00
Start booking your hotels in Hempstead
chjoak
AG
Not a fan of either club but I will attend if possible. If at Kyle, I am only an hour away. If NRG I'm 45 minutes.
monarch
S
For all you naysayers:

This started leaking out right after the NRG announcement came out, so I booked hotel reservations in Aggieland.

Since I'm a football season ticket holder, I wonder if I could get my same seats for the soccer match? My football seats would be perfect for the soccer match.

I'm calling the TWMF office on Monday and asking question.

Seriously, not sure if the game will be played at Kyle; two problems I see: the size of our football field and the fact NRG has a dome. Nobody in his right mind will sit on the east side in July.

AA
ChipFTAC01
AG
There is literally a zero point zero chance this game is played in College Station.
Capt. America
AG
so...did you hear anything?
Mike Elko
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

There is literally a zero point zero chance this game is played in College Station.
aggie7911
Jose gonna play for a draw
monarch
S
Contacted the TWMF on Tuesday and was told that an email is being prepared that will be sent to all football season ticketholders to gauge interest in buying the same football seats for the soccer game. I'm guessing that I'm not the only caller they have had regarding this topic as the person I spoke to said the interest has been high for tickets to the soccer match if indeed it is played at Kyle.
Aggie_3
I really hope this happens id buy tickets in a heart beat and Kyle would be packed to the brim.
Ags2013
AG
I would count on it happening if they do send an email out. No idea why they'd waste marketing dollars unless they knew it was happening
Aggie_3
I think it's going to happen especially since NRG is still showing nothing on that date. They really screwed themselves announcing it before it was even close to finalized
CoolAggie
AG
Booked a hotel room just in case.
Ags2013
AG
Anybody heard anything? They are taking FOREVER to announce a venue.
Olsen
AG
Nothing has happened as of right now and everything is in TBA. Here's the link for any updates.

http://www.internationalchampionscup.com/schedule/territory/us
Aggie_3
I also love how since the article came out that NRG went and listed the game on that date even though no contract has been signed yet.
Kramer
AG
Coach G was asked on twitter. No response.
Diego
AG
This game will be played at NRG Stadium in Houston. Kyle Field finished 2nd in the pursuit of this game.
Aggie_3
Source?
Diego
AG
Aggie_3 said:

Source?
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.